2023 NWCA All-Star Classic - Wisconsin's Dean Hamiti Scheduled to Compete!

Started by Wisconsin Wrestling Fan, October 27, 2023, 02:20:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/11356032-2023-nwca-all-star-classic-match-lineup

2023 NWCA All-Star Classic
Tuesday, November 21, 2023 7:00 pm (ET)
Rec Hall, Penn State.

Dean Hamiti is scheduled to wrestle Izzak Olejnik of Oklahoma State.
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

Ghetto

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

All Star Meet starts at 6PM Central.

Per Coach Bono, matches will be wrestled in weight order.

Let's Go DJ!
Kirk Nelson

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Nolan Hertel of LaCrosse is wrestling the match before Dean Hamiti.

Let's get back to back wins!
Kirk Nelson

charteroak1

bigoil

Quote from: charteroak1 on November 22, 2023, 10:29:14 AMLooks like the transfer to OSU has been a benefit to Olejnik. 
It was an exhibition match, if that was the ncaa's, Hamiti would have won by stalling default imo. You can't wrestle the edge for two plus periods. It worked, he won so kudos to him, I just don't see that being called the same at a dual or ncaas.

leg turk

Quote from: bigoil on November 22, 2023, 11:35:02 AM
Quote from: charteroak1 on November 22, 2023, 10:29:14 AMLooks like the transfer to OSU has been a benefit to Olejnik. 
It was an exhibition match, if that was the ncaa's, Hamiti would have won by stalling default imo. You can't wrestle the edge for two plus periods. It worked, he won so kudos to him, I just don't see that being called the same at a dual or ncaas.

It was 8-2, not 2-1.

dad 2 5

Quote from: leg turk on November 22, 2023, 11:50:07 AM

It was 8-2, not 2-1.

exactly Leg! Even the Badgers best is not off to a good start this season.

charteroak1

Don't fault the other guy for his ability to use the rules to his advantage. He had a game plan I'm sure and used it to his advantage.  His ability to ride out DJ as well isn't a good sign. 

bigoil

Quote from: leg turk on November 22, 2023, 11:50:07 AM

It was 8-2, not 2-1.
It was 4-2, with a last second desperate shot that he shoved DJ away with and made it 7-2 and RT 8-2.

bigoil

Quote from: charteroak1 on November 22, 2023, 03:34:28 PMDon't fault the other guy for his ability to use the rules to his advantage. He had a game plan I'm sure and used it to his advantage.  His ability to ride out DJ as well isn't a good sign. 
I didn't fault him and said good plan it worked, why stop. What I'm saying is, I don't think that strategy works outside of this event.

Army Ant

Worst start for badgers in several years. Need some type of change.