WWF BAY PORT QUALIFIER

Started by teeaykay, March 16, 2014, 12:39:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teeaykay

A huge thank you to all the wrestlers, coaches, parents, fans, and volunteers that showed up to make yesterday's qualifier a huge success.

In an effort to improve the event in future years, and while it's fresh in everyone's mind, please take a moment to provide your feedback on your experience yesterday.  Good, Bad, other - the more feedback you can provide, the better job we can do to meet your expectations.

Best of luck in Madison to all the State Qualifiers.  Best wishes to the 8th graders who will compete in High School next year and for everyone else, we hope to see you again next year!

Bay Port Wrestling Club

padre

I thought you folks did a terrific job.  Can tell you've been fine tuning it every year.

Thanks for the great effort by the staff!!!

catzfan

Have a sattelite weigh in site.

Stance!

We had a great time there. You have 2 screens in the gym showing the bout number status. One suggestion is to have another screen in the commons area. This may help decrease congestion in the gym.

MOEGYMAN

Bayport did a great job.At the weigh ins fri night they got all their computer work out of the way.You got in line by birth year pre reg and walk ins were seperate so eight lines and eight computers total.They logged all your info in and had each wrestler verify it.Then gave the kid the weigh in card and sent you to the weigh in area which again was set up with track and computers,step on the scale verify who you are again and your weight hit the button done deal.As far as I could see when each kid stepped off the scale bayport was finished entering data.Sat at the state qualifier they ran eight mats with bout numbers three screens total one on each end of the gym the other in a big warm up area.Three people matside and they inforced it sent grandma and grandpa huffing back to the bleachers for the finals ;D.Bayport hats off great job.You did ask what could be better well the score board situation was not very good only two tripod three sided sroreboards after that you pretty much had to break your neck and be a rocket scientist to find the basketball score board that went with the mat you were on.And for the fans like my kids grandpa and grandma who know nothing about scoring there was no red or green tape by any of the very out of place scoreboards, so you had no clue what was going on if you just glanced mat to mat.Anyway Great job to bayport.

DocWrestling

Wow.  That is an awesome way to do weigh-ins.  I wish our school had the wireless capabilities that it sounds like they have there.  Our wireless is horrible in the gym areas.
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

teeaykay

Quote from: MOEGYMAN on March 19, 2014, 04:00:01 AM
Bayport did a great job.At the weigh ins fri night they got all their computer work out of the way.You got in line by birth year pre reg and walk ins were seperate so eight lines and eight computers total.They logged all your info in and had each wrestler verify it.Then gave the kid the weigh in card and sent you to the weigh in area which again was set up with track and computers,step on the scale verify who you are again and your weight hit the button done deal.As far as I could see when each kid stepped off the scale bayport was finished entering data.Sat at the state qualifier they ran eight mats with bout numbers three screens total one on each end of the gym the other in a big warm up area.Three people matside and they inforced it sent grandma and grandpa huffing back to the bleachers for the finals ;D.Bayport hats off great job.You did ask what could be better well the score board situation was not very good only two tripod three sided sroreboards after that you pretty much had to break your neck and be a rocket scientist to find the basketball score board that went with the mat you were on.And for the fans like my kids grandpa and grandma who know nothing about scoring there was no red or green tape by any of the very out of place scoreboards, so you had no clue what was going on if you just glanced mat to mat.Anyway Great job to bayport.

MOEGYMAN- Thanks for the feedback - We have spent a lot of time working on ways to move people through the registration process efficiently and accurately thereby avoiding the data entry errors that make running these tournaments potentially difficult.  Our coaches have provided some great insight and we have a fantastic and growing group of volunteers that step up every year to make these tournaments run smooth.  Your comments around on/off the scale are on the money - one the wrestler weighs-in and the actual weight is entered in TW we are done with registration.  Following the close of registrations we place phone calls to each no-show to ensure we don't delete someone in error. Once that is done the bracketing is completed.  You comments on the scoreboards are well taken and will be considered for next year - including, at a minimum, color coding Home/Guest on the existing boards.   Assuming the Qualifier numbers continue to increase we will add a 9th mat for 2015.  Hoping that WWF moves to 100% on-line pre-registration for all qualifiers.

On a related note - to any club that may be interested, we have upgraded our PC's and will be offering our fleet of 14ea Dell Laptop PCs for sale in the next week or so.  If you have interesest PM me here or email BayPortWrestling@gmail.com