Badgers recruiting class ranked 22nd

Started by leg turk, August 18, 2015, 12:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stbird

Where did you read about Marko?  I haven't seen that anywhere.  Is there a post on that or something?  Steve

Quote from: The Angry Fish on August 18, 2015, 03:53:34 PM
The Marko defection didn't help them in the rankings that's for sure.

stp

Quote from: The Angry Fish on August 31, 2015, 06:18:04 PM

That's why I've always respected Badger football, they have always run a clean program. I'm an old PSU fan from way back. I've always despised MI & Ohio State. Woody "left hook" Hayes & Bo Schembechler wrote the blueprint on how not to get caught on recruiting violations.

So you cheered for PSU before Joe?
From Milwaukee to St Paris.

ElectricGuy

Quote from: The Angry Fish on September 01, 2015, 01:55:30 PM
Quote from: stp on September 01, 2015, 10:19:02 AM
Quote from: The Angry Fish on August 31, 2015, 06:18:04 PM

That's why I've always respected Badger football, they have always run a clean program. I'm an old PSU fan from way back. I've always despised MI & Ohio State. Woody "left hook" Hayes & Bo Schembechler wrote the blueprint on how not to get caught on recruiting violations.

So you cheered for PSU before Joe?

Joe? As in Joe Paterno?

Who's Joe Paterno    ;D
We live in the era of smart phones and stupid people.

lizard king

Hillbilly

All this talk about Jrob reminded me of the intensive camps he puts on.  Long time ago there were 2 options Oregon and Mn.   Now there are 4 options.  PA 14 day camp IA 14 day camp OR 10 camp and MN 28 day camp.  Prices range from $1100-$2850.  So yes there is a lot of money being made there.

Marty Morgan is the guy who went off and trained Lesnar.  I see Ty Eustice is th contact for the Jrob camps.  I believe there were 2 Eustice brothers from southern MN but I think they both wrestled for IA in college.  J Robinson is a guy who has created a system where former NCAA champions can make money coaching the nations youth   

In addition to the 4 intensive camps I see he now has 6 technique camps held thought the nation.  I think they still guarantee the 10:1 ratio of coahes to wrestlers at the camps. 

Anyway when it comes to recruitment and a kid visits Madison I'm sure it's nice.  But when is kid meets J Robinson the guy who trained 100 state champs In his camps last year...  That's a really big deal!  Honestly how does anybody compete with that?!?!?   

Musky Hunter

what is funny is the people that hate on the program have zero clue with what goes on.  with the situation that is provided at Wisco they have done well.  hope nothing but the best for all the athletes and the coaches. 

lizard king

I don't disagree that they have done well.  I also like the fact that they have many Wisconsin kids, I just don't buy the "with the situation that is provided" stuff.  Many teams have overcome obstacles. 

stp

Quote from: Musky Hunter on September 04, 2015, 03:14:18 AM
what is funny is the people that hate on the program have zero clue with what goes on.  with the situation that is provided at Wisco they have done well.  hope nothing but the best for all the athletes and the coaches. 

Hear, hear!

The Badgers are treated like Michigan State by the decision makers, being contentment in the head coach but UW has much better results. 
From Milwaukee to St Paris.

charteroak1

I couldn't agree with you more Musky.  Congrats and Welcome Mr. Lawson, we're happy to have you on board.

Barou

So to be clear, within the badger athletic department they've had success in football, basketball, softball, cross country, track, volleyball, etc...but they really lay down the restrictions on the wrestling program?
JHI Mafia

lizard king

"success" is the question.  Actually I would say Wisconsin wrestling has been successful and maybe as successful as the programs listed.  However; Many of us would like to see more and I believe they can, even with the situation that exists.