Most memorable finals match

Started by SayHey42, March 04, 2022, 07:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gordy M

That kid from Lodi was Ryan Kutz in 93, and yes Chad V took a hosing in that match.

Gordy M

That kid from Lodi was Ryan Kutz in 93 and yes Chad V took a hosing that day.

Gordy M

That kid back in 93 was Ryan Kutz from Lodi, and yes Chad V from Baldwin was robbed of his title, that was to bad.

bigG

Must have been '85 or '86, Dennis Hall v. Jim Gruenwald. War from first to last whistle.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

bigoil

Quote from: bigG on March 12, 2022, 03:11:33 PM
Must have been '85 or '86, Dennis Hall v. Jim Gruenwald. War from first to last whistle.
'86 was Dennis Freshman year, knocked off 3 timer Riggs
'87was Steve Hoffman in the quarters
'88 was Gruenwald vs Hall In the finals.

OneEyedFatMan

Quote from: heavy9278 on March 08, 2022, 09:15:05 AM
Until something crazier happens, for me it will be 1991 171 Class B finals
Garret DePies Randon Lake Vs. Jim Schinker Tomahawk

Loudest I've ever heard  any building for a finals match....
Injury default determined by a trainer
DePies was doing pushups on the mat to prove he was ok to continue....

This!
DePies was well ahead on points in the match.
"Dying ain't much of a livin', boy"

Fatguyrolls

1990 D3 finals Matt Hanutke winning his Fourth Title becoming the first to do it in Wisconsin. And he did this after his Coach Jerry Hahn passed away from Leukemia in October.  Coach Hahn told Matt to go win the fourth title before he passed away.  The entire Field House was shaking from the excitement in the building when he finished that match!!!!
And when I say shaking, I mean shaking to the point it scared me a little as if the building may come down.
I have never experienced that level of sheer joy and excitement in that building or the Kohl Center every again. 

LKing

I remember that Hanutke moment very well.  I was with the 112 podium medalists waiting when he pinned Meyer.  Place was shaking!