WIAA Meeting Today at 10am

Started by MatScoutWillie, December 04, 2020, 08:44:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MatScoutWillie

Any predictions on what will be hashed out? Here are some of mine. Duals will be shadow wrestling only.  No conference tourney.  Combined regionals and sectionals.  Waterdown state with 8-12 athletes.  Wear no less than 4 masks, but no more than 4 masks while wrestling.  Must wear plastics under your singlet, but cant sweat more that 0.3 ounces of water.   

DocWrestling

Sounds like they are moving back the state tournament to allow more competitions?  Without competition for use of Kohl Center might as well lengthen the season a couple weeks.
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

MatScoutWillie

Quote from: DocWrestling on December 04, 2020, 08:51:51 AM
Sounds like they are moving back the state tournament to allow more competitions?  Without competition for use of Kohl Center might as well lengthen the season a couple weeks.

Is the meeting available to view or listen to? 

MatScoutWillie

Quote from: BackwardsHatAttack on December 04, 2020, 09:09:33 AM
WIAA to consider COVID accommodations:

- 8-day minimum days of practice for wrestling

- Extra 30-second timeout per half (use it or lose it) for basketball

- If practice is virtual, w/ school approval, athletes can continue nonschool competition (currently limited to 2 events)

What is the 8 day minimum?  Is that the time in between duals/matches?  You have got to be kidding me.

padre

Quote from: BackwardsHatAttack on December 04, 2020, 08:52:54 AM
....the irony is that there are dual tourneys going on in the Dells this month (one today) and there are WI teams entered.  I assume all the WI kids wrestling are ones impacted because their schools aren't allowing wrestling as of yet.   But, really, those kids are getting more wrestling this month than the ones on high school WIAA teams that are wrestling right now. 

???

Correct.  Some are going around abd getting a bunch of matches and not going to join their respective teams until they begin competing.  Actually very smart on their part.

madeyson

Quote from: MatScoutWillie on December 04, 2020, 09:11:20 AM
Quote from: BackwardsHatAttack on December 04, 2020, 09:09:33 AM
WIAA to consider COVID accommodations:

- 8-day minimum days of practice for wrestling

- Extra 30-second timeout per half (use it or lose it) for basketball

- If practice is virtual, w/ school approval, athletes can continue nonschool competition (currently limited to 2 events)

Believe this is minimum number of practices to first competition. Believe previous rule was 10 practices.
What is the 8 day minimum?  Is that the time in between duals/matches?  You have got to be kidding me.

MatScoutWillie

Hayward

Doesn't season start when practices start? 

littleguy301

Quote from: MatScoutWillie on December 04, 2020, 08:44:38 AM
Any predictions on what will be hashed out? Here are some of mine. Duals will be shadow wrestling only.  No conference tourney.  Combined regionals and sectionals.  Waterdown state with 8-12 athletes.  Wear no less than 4 masks, but no more than 4 masks while wrestling.  Must wear plastics under your singlet, but cant sweat more that 0.3 ounces of water.   

Come on man.....you know plastics in wrestling is illegal ;)
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

littleguy301

Quote from: Hayward on December 04, 2020, 11:20:42 AM
Doesn't season start when practices start?

That is the language some schools are using.

So if a wrestler competes in more than the 2 out of school events then if/when they join the wrestling team they may already be in violation of the code.

I know some will say that their athlete hadn't joined yet or paid, some schools are saying doesnt matter when the athlete starts, it is when the season starts.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

thequad

Did any changes come from this meeting?
I am now OLD enough to know how little I knew when I knew it ALL.