17.1% Body Fat in 2016-2017, kids are not cutting.

Started by getyourpoints, November 28, 2017, 07:03:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

padre

Quote from: bigoil on November 28, 2017, 10:00:32 PM
Quote from: littleguy301 on November 28, 2017, 08:10:21 PM
not sure as to how many are still cutting liike they did 25 years ago. I know of a few that probably cut to much but not like back in the day.

while I hear that 10-12% is where healthy kids should be, I think some believe that getting to that healthy range is cutting.

It is amazing the kids that do feel they are cutting, once they get to their weights and it at that weigh for a few weigh ins all of the sudden they start weighing in light. that tells me they really were not cutting just getting to the weight they probably should be

No one cuts like we did back in the day :)

I think there are a few that still cut that hard but certainly not the same throughout. We have added two weight classes that are higher than the highest weight class 30 years ago. A 200# guy is going to have more fat than a 100# kid.

Most definitely still tons of cutting. Kids are cutting earlier now for the skinfold which I don't think is good at all.  Trust me there are still plenty  cutting much like the old days...not as many though I don't believe but part of that is because there are more weight classes to fill.

The averages are majorly skewed by the heavier kids. We had a kid pinch at 60 and a few others not far behind..that takes care of quite a few light kids pinching 8-12.

ramjet

Eating healthy?

How dare make such a suggestion in today's society.   ::)

bulldog

that is a solid diet getyourpoints and thanks for information on the source.

littleguy301

Quote from: getyourpoints on November 29, 2017, 05:37:42 AM
Quote from: padre on November 29, 2017, 01:42:06 AM
Quote from: bigoil on November 28, 2017, 10:00:32 PM
Quote from: littleguy301 on November 28, 2017, 08:10:21 PM
not sure as to how many are still cutting liike they did 25 years ago. I know of a few that probably cut to much but not like back in the day.

while I hear that 10-12% is where healthy kids should be, I think some believe that getting to that healthy range is cutting.

It is amazing the kids that do feel they are cutting, once they get to their weights and it at that weigh for a few weigh ins all of the sudden they start weighing in light. that tells me they really were not cutting just getting to the weight they probably should be

No one cuts like we did back in the day :)

I think there are a few that still cut that hard but certainly not the same throughout. We have added two weight classes that are higher than the highest weight class 30 years ago. A 200# guy is going to have more fat than a 100# kid.

Most definitely still tons of cutting. Kids are cutting earlier now for the skinfold which I don't think is good at all.  Trust me there are still plenty  cutting much like the old days...not as many though I don't believe but part of that is because there are more weight classes to fill.

The averages are majorly skewed by the heavier kids. We had a kid pinch at 60 and a few others not far behind..that takes care of quite a few light kids pinching 8-12.
________________________________________________________________________________________
I agree kids are dieting because they were fat.
I 100% agree they start earlier to make the test but the average test in WI is 17.1!!! So are we saying kids are cutting weight to get to 17.1?? I call that a good start. Kids that age should be around 10% to 12% naturally, 8% is not cutting it's getting fit...
5-6% body fat is cutting.
The average 106 pounder pinched at 13.2% body fat! that's called skinny fat.
At 8% body fat an active teenage boy should be able to eat 1800-2000 calories a day THATS NOT CUTTING, that's normal.
7:00 am eggs and an orange (220 cal)
10:00 am apple and some nuts (180 cal)
12:30 turkey sandwich and snap peas (250 cal)
3:00 cup of yogurt before practice (120 cal)
5:00 a lean protean shake right after practice (150 cal)
6:30 chicken and veggies (250 cal)
8:30 pm a snack (150 cal)
That's 1600 calories, if you eat like that for 2 weeks plus work out you will drop 12-20 pounds at 160+, then once you are at weight you can up each meal by 20-30 calories. That's not cutting weight

what I am saying padre, is todays cutting basically getting to a healthy weigh like 10% body fat?

I know there is still cutting and I do and know it is happening before the skin fold. Takes away from the fall sport if they are in one.

I think getyourpoints has a great idea for a daily meal and I do think that more kids maybe practicing a healthier diet choices. Over the past several years I have had more kids come up to me and other coaches looking for healthier choices in weight management. I think the days of going to McD after weigh ins are lessening to some extent.

also more year around wrestling and kids doing a better job at weight management,
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet