Started by wrestleme, January 22, 2017, 11:07:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrestleme

If you are the regional host can you buy medals to hand out
To the place winners? Or is that frowned
Upon by the wiaa???
Mr. anonymous

pin always

Make sure you get a medal for everybody. ::)

woody53

There are no medals for regionals as many WIAA Sports do not have Regionals.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

crossface21

I don't know if it would be frowned upon, but it's not really the end of a tournament. The State series is one big tournament.

aarons23

Im pretty sure there are regional medals in track.
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

dforsythe

No. They don't give out regional medals in any of the sports. State qualifiers get medals at Sectionals.

woody53

Quote from: aarons23 on January 22, 2017, 03:52:58 PM
Im pretty sure there are regional medals in track.
No there is not. Because not all Sports have regionals anymore.

imwi

From the letter from the WIAA to Individual Wrestling Tournament Regional and Sectional Managers
"AWARDS
A. The only regional award is a plaque for the championship team. No medals for place winners.
B. The only sectional awards are individual medals for champion and runner-up in Division 1, and
champion, runner-up and 3rd place in Divisions 2 & 3. There are no plaques or team awards of any kind
Page 5
at individual sectionals.
C. Awards will be mailed to you by WIAA's jeweler.

Who knew the WIAA had a jeweler???

smacks

Curious as to why there would be 1st, 2nd & 3rd place medals in D2 & D3, but only 1st & 2nd in D1?
Unless that was a typo?

foose4

Quote from: wrestleme on January 22, 2017, 11:07:48 AM
If you are the regional host can you buy medals to hand out
To the place winners? Or is that frowned
Upon by the wiaa???

To answer your actual question, I don't think the WIAA would frown upon the host school buying medals to give out at regionals.  I know our coach mentioned that some schools have done that.
"Winning is not everything, but the effort to win is."
Zig Ziglar

imwi

Quote from: smacks on January 23, 2017, 01:13:33 PM
Curious as to why there would be 1st, 2nd & 3rd place medals in D2 & D3, but only 1st & 2nd in D1?
Unless that was a typo?

Isn't that who goes to states in the respective divisions?

woody53

Quote from: imwi on January 23, 2017, 12:46:55 PM
From the letter from the WIAA to Individual Wrestling Tournament Regional and Sectional Managers
"AWARDS
A. The only regional award is a plaque for the championship team. No medals for place winners.
B. The only sectional awards are individual medals for champion and runner-up in Division 1, and
champion, runner-up and 3rd place in Divisions 2 & 3. There are no plaques or team awards of any kind
Page 5
at individual sectionals.
C. Awards will be mailed to you by WIAA's jeweler.

Who knew the WIAA had a jeweler???
I knew because I have worked with them for years. The name sounds elite, but the Team that does it started out as Family Jewelers, and have morphed into a Company that provides many Services.

leg turk

imnofish

Quote from: imwi on January 23, 2017, 01:22:39 PM
Unless that was a typo?

Yep!
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

neutral

Quote from: imnofish on January 24, 2017, 12:15:40 AM
Quote from: imwi on January 23, 2017, 01:22:39 PM
Unless that was a typo?

That's pretty ridiculous logic - seeing how (as has been argued here many times before) the 3rd place finisher could well be the 2nd best wrestler in his class.

Yep!
(reporter) ... "Rocky ... do you think you've got brain damage?"
(Rocky) ....... "I don't see any."