Challenger to Cael/PSU/NLWC

Started by rjchev141, April 30, 2024, 03:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

There is a reason Bono said he would keep the borders closed and get in state kids to come to Wisconsin. There was a belief that Barry didn't do a good enough job of landing the top in state talent. So Bono saying he would close the borders holds more weight than normal. Making the statement and not following through is failing. Some would say that in state recruiting has gotten worse under Bono.
Anti-Inclusion Mafia

Numbers

Some of you make it sound like Bono has not offered the elite Wisconsin guys.  If wrestlers choose other universities that is not all on Bono.  It takes both sides.

Barou

Quote from: Numbers on May 05, 2024, 06:30:19 PMSome of you make it sound like Bono has not offered the elite Wisconsin guys.  If wrestlers choose other universities that is not all on Bono.  It takes both sides.

I think most people have been pretty clear that the frustration is Bono not signing the Wisconsin elite kids.  Isn't about not offering.  Nothing will change with Bono at the helm.  If I was a Wisconsin kid I wouldn't be looking at the Badger program. 
JHI Mafia

bigoil

Quote from: Barou on May 06, 2024, 08:06:11 AM
Quote from: Numbers on May 05, 2024, 06:30:19 PMSome of you make it sound like Bono has not offered the elite Wisconsin guys.  If wrestlers choose other universities that is not all on Bono.  It takes both sides.

I think most people have been pretty clear that the frustration is Bono not signing the Wisconsin elite kids.  Isn't about not offering.  Nothing will change with Bono at the helm.  If I was a Wisconsin kid I wouldn't be looking at the Badger program. 
Can you expand on the why you would choose not to go to UW because of Bono at the helm?

hammer

There are stories all over the place that Bono and staff haven't even once contacted, let alone talk to some of the elite wrestlers. I also hear that is to bad because when Bono sits down and the kitchen table he talks well.

hammer

Quote from: bigoil on May 06, 2024, 08:50:33 AM

Can you expand on the why you would choose not to go to UW because of Bono at the helm?

Over the past few years I think all of the reasons have been stated to the point of kicking a dead horse.

bigoil

Quote from: hammer on May 06, 2024, 12:43:19 PM
Quote from: bigoil on May 06, 2024, 08:50:33 AM

Over the past few years I think all of the reasons have been stated to the point of kicking a dead horse.
Asking Barou his reason.

rjchev141

Interesting, we have a potential challenger, David Taylor to Oklahoma State!

charteroak1

I bet the guys in the portal are reaching out to Okie St vs the other way around right now.  Congratulations Magic Man!

vsmf2010

Quote from: rjchev141 on May 06, 2024, 09:41:37 PMInteresting, we have a potential challenger, David Taylor to Oklahoma State!

Crazy how his plans changed on a dime. I assume he thought he would be in Paris this summer and now he is in Stillwater in May. I am also assuming he is done competing but maybe not.

Gonzo1

It will be interesting to see what transfers they will bring in now. I would think he will garner some big time transfers and recruits immediately.

Ghetto

Is anyone happier than DJ Hamiti today? I'm guessing he had no idea this was in the works, and now he gets to work with/under one of the greats.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

wrestle_4ever

DT to Stillwater and suddenly I'm a cowboys fan. Hoping the magicman can sink State College. The fate of NCAA wrestling depends on it!!

Go Pokes  ;D
It ain't the six minutes...it's what happens in that six minutes

factfinder

As fans we aways want to see kids go to your favorite school.
But it is a business decision for the Student Athlete!!!
Who has the best offer to get your education?
Who has the best financial package?
Who has the best system to get you to your goals?
Who has the best RTC plan and potential income (if you are a top talent)
Who has the best Donors?
Who has the best facilities?
Who has the best job networking?
I think most of you are over exaggerating the Askren vs Bono beaf when it comes to why these young men choose where they go. The Student Athletes are looking for the best opportunity whether it home or away. Loyalty to a letter on a jersey is for fans not athletes.
Loyalty is a driving factor for Adults, Opportunities should be the only driving factor for kids.

hammer

Quote from: No One Cares on May 07, 2024, 09:01:21 PM
Quote from: factfinder on May 07, 2024, 06:30:56 PMAs fans we aways want to see kids go to your favorite school.
But it is a business decision for the Student Athlete!!!
Who has the best offer to get your education?
Who has the best financial package?
Who has the best system to get you to your goals?
Who has the best RTC plan and potential income (if you are a top talent)
Who has the best Donors?
Who has the best facilities?
Who has the best job networking?
I think most of you are over exaggerating the Askren vs Bono beaf when it comes to why these young men choose where they go. The Student Athletes are looking for the best opportunity whether it home or away. Loyalty to a letter on a jersey is for fans not athletes.
Loyalty is a driving factor for Adults, Opportunities should be the only driving factor for kids.

Lol.  Stick to the guillotine forum.   You moved from here long ago. 

Not sure of the back story but I thought it was a honest post to what future recruits think and go through.