WIWrestling.com High School Rankings | 18-19 Ind./Team Edition #2

Started by TomM, December 12, 2018, 10:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

WIWrestling.com High School Rankings | 18-19 Ind./Team Edition #2

WIWrestling.com Wisconsin Wrestling Online

High School Rankings | 18-19 Individual & Team Edition #2 December 13, 2018

https://www.wiwrestling.com/wiwrestling-com-high-school-rankings-18-19-ind-team-edition-1/
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

kpugh8680

I love the work you guys do but please explain how you missed defending state champ Hunter Lewis from Stoughton at 138, he is just gone.

kpugh8680

Quote from: rankingcommittee on December 13, 2018, 07:35:58 AM
Don't forget about Danny Stilling, too!!

We got word that Hunter and Danny both got drafted by Kyle Dake into the AWL. ;D

Sorry about this, Hunter and Danny...formatting error and being corrected as we speak and will be updated.

Thanks for the catch and patience.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

bigoil

#1 Wrightstown D2 versus #3 Freedom D2 tonight at a neutral site,  Little Chute is hosting the conference quad dual, their dual will be the fourth of the night.

padre

Quote from: bigoil on December 13, 2018, 08:26:23 AM
#1 Wrightstown D2 versus #3 Freedom D2 tonight at a neutral site,  Little Chute is hosting the conference quad dual, their dual will be the fourth of the night.

I believe Freedom Wrestling is going live for this dual on Facebook.

kpugh8680

Quote from: bigoil on December 13, 2018, 08:26:23 AM
#1 Wrightstown D2 versus #3 Freedom D2 tonight at a neutral site,  Little Chute is hosting the conference quad dual, their dual will be the fourth of the night.
Watched Freedom a little at the Devil Duels. They only fell to Stoughton, who pounded everyone, then took care of Slinger to finish 3rd. Should be a fun duel to watch.

Army Ant

I noticed that Keckesian (sp) from Nicolet is ranked #2 at 170 and ranked #1 nationally at 182 per Intermat. Odd. Not that I know which one is more appropriate.

Army Ant

Quote from: rankingcommittee on December 13, 2018, 11:29:58 AM
Quote from: Army Ant on December 13, 2018, 11:18:57 AM
I noticed that Keckesian (sp) from Nicolet is ranked #2 at 170 and ranked #1 nationally at 182 per Intermat. Odd. Not that I know which one is more appropriate.

Answer.....we are better than Intermat.  ;)

Last weekend in Neenah:
170 Results
Parker Keckeisen of Nicolet went 5-0
182 - Parker Keckeisen (Nicolet) over Unknown (Unattached) Forf
182 - Parker Keckeisen (Nicolet) over Davin Munoz (Neenah) Fall 2:38
182 - Parker Keckeisen (Nicolet) over Collinn Eldridge (Antigo ) TF 19-2
170 - Parker Keckeisen (Nicolet) over Matt Stanley (D.C. Everest) Fall 1:04
170 - Parker Keckeisen (Nicolet) over Unknown (Unattached) Forf

Oh, I figure the 170 is more appropriate than the 182 but I was more curious about the #1 nationally vs. #2 in the state. I know it is early in the year so this can be extremely subjective. I just thought it was unusual though for a kid to be #1 in the nation but #2 in the state.

TomM

Quote from: Army Ant on December 13, 2018, 12:00:15 PM
Quote from: rankingcommittee on December 13, 2018, 11:29:58 AM
Quote from: Army Ant on December 13, 2018, 11:18:57 AM

Answer.....we are better than Intermat.  ;)

Last weekend in Neenah:
170 Results
Parker Keckeisen of Nicolet went 5-0
182 - Parker Keckeisen (Nicolet) over Unknown (Unattached) Forf
182 - Parker Keckeisen (Nicolet) over Davin Munoz (Neenah) Fall 2:38
182 - Parker Keckeisen (Nicolet) over Collinn Eldridge (Antigo ) TF 19-2
170 - Parker Keckeisen (Nicolet) over Matt Stanley (D.C. Everest) Fall 1:04
170 - Parker Keckeisen (Nicolet) over Unknown (Unattached) Forf

Oh, I figure the 170 is more appropriate than the 182 but I was more curious about the #1 nationally vs. #2 in the state.

It was calculated via a bicep measurement!  8)  (Just kidding..  ;D )

OddDuck

And Parker  is the defending champ at 170... Not sure what Otto has on him.  Maybe the biceps

TomM

Quote from: OddDuck on December 13, 2018, 02:28:37 PM
And Parker  is the defending champ at 170... Not sure what Otto has on him.  Maybe the biceps

EXACTLY.. the biceps...  8)

On the serious side... I'm guessing perhaps the guy who 'was there' doesn't get displaced immediately when another guy drops down? Not sure...

bigoil

Quote from: TomM on December 13, 2018, 02:31:38 PM
And Parker  is the defending champ at 170... Not sure what Otto has on him.  Maybe the biceps

EXACTLY.. the biceps...  8)

On the serious side... I'm guessing perhaps the guy who 'was there' doesn't get displaced immediately when another guy drops down? Not sure...

I'm hoping they stay there!

ramjet

Quote from: Luke Louison on December 13, 2018, 03:42:33 PM
And Parker  is the defending champ at 170... Not sure what Otto has on him.  Maybe the biceps

They're both AWA guys. In the past, it's been encouraged that AWA guys spread out, so my guess we won't see Josh and Parker in the same weight class, at least come tourney time.

What schools do they wrestle for?

That may have more impact and my guess is AWA does not encourage anyone running form tough match ups. In fact just the opposite..... ::)

squeeze

I've been off the forums for awhile, but what do you know I come back to see the Askren conspiracy theories continue to abound here.

Luke, maybe you should find more reliable sources. Because your intel on the phone call to Schulist's parents is 100% wrong.

p.s. It's really irresponsible of you to spread false narratives like this one.

Quote from: Luke Louison on December 13, 2018, 04:02:13 PM
Quote from: ramjet on December 13, 2018, 03:46:18 PM
Quote from: Luke Louison on December 13, 2018, 03:42:33 PM

They're both AWA guys. In the past, it's been encouraged that AWA guys spread out, so my guess we won't see Josh and Parker in the same weight class, at least come tourney time.

What schools do they wrestle for?

That may have more impact and my guess is AWA does not encourage anyone running form tough match ups. In fact just the opposite..... ::)

It's not about running from competition. It's about maximizing club results.

I've been told Aaron Schulist (Mukwonago/AWA) easily could have made 120 in 2017, but stayed up at 126, which cleared the way for O'Toole's (Arrowhead/AWA) first title at 120. I was told he changed his mind and decided to stay up after an AWA call was placed to Schulist's parents.

Frankly, if these guys are wrestling at club and are friendly, it'd be perfectly reasonable to expect they'd stay out of each other's way anyway, all on their own.

squeeze

First, let me address the intent of my irresponsible comment: you are spreading rumors about a kid who was 16 years old at the time. You did so using information that you do not have firsthand knowledge of, implying that Ben or someone at AWA influenced his decision in some way. I can assure you that Aaron Schulist made his own decision on what weight he would wrestle at for the state tournament series.

I'd be curious to know what the specific details of this supposed phone call are that give you such confidence in this story. because I assure you that I am indeed more in the know on this matter than you or your source are.

You are correct that he did skin fold for 120 that season, which would indicate he was perhaps considering competing at that weight at some point in the season. You are also correct that Ben does not encourage weight cutting. And, since you mentioned the tech fall in the first round, it obviously wasn't his best outing at the state tournament.

Did you also overlook the fact that Mukwonago had another wrestler on the team looking to be (and was) a multi-year state qualifier who was wrestling at 120?

It might also be worth noting, for the case of your argument that Askren encourages his wrestlers to "spread out" to increase club results, that Aaron and Keegan competed in the same weight class at Super 32 the fall after the state tournament you are referencing. Maybe if it were truly Ben's intentions to "maximize club results", he'd want more wrestlers to "spread out" on a national stage than he would at the Wisconsin state tournament, no?

Quote from: Luke Louison on December 13, 2018, 04:27:12 PM
Quote from: squeeze on December 13, 2018, 04:15:14 PM
I've been off the forums for awhile, but what do you know I come back to see the Askren conspiracy theories continue to abound here.

Luke, maybe you should find more reliable sources. Because your intel on the phone call to Schulist's parents is 100% wrong.

p.s. It's really irresponsible of you to spread false narratives like this one.

Okay. If you say so. Like I said, those things were told to me. I wasn't a participant in a 3-way call or anything. I could be wrong.

What I tend to find with stories like this is that the more specific the detail, the less likely they are to be fabricated, and I was told some very specific details.

That said, if you're more in the know than me on this, am I wrong that Schulist was skin-folded for 120 that season? Am I wrong that he was planning to or at least considering dropping? Do tell.

I know Ben's not big on weight cutting, so certainly a decision to stay up could have been based on that. Aaron was a multiple time finalist that got tech falled in his first match at 126, so I kind of assume he wasn't 100% that season, making it all moot.

I do have to ask about this being "irresponsible". When I know things and don't feel comfortable sharing them, people howl at me for keeping them secret. They say that's what message boards are for. Seems you have a different stance on it. Should I keep my mouth shut about everything whispered to me? Feels like a real danged if I do, danged if I don't situation.