Congratulations Steven Monk

Started by Jody Weber, March 23, 2014, 07:54:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jody Weber

mnkstr

The emails, phone calls, and media, though out Wisconsin haven't stopped since I returned home to Central Wisconsin last night. I haven't been able to go through everything.  Thank you for the kind post Weber family. Thank you everyone.! Our family couldn't be happier for Steven's local High School (Wausau West High School) and the "Wisconsin Valley".  Steven has been so close the last two years making it to the Round-of-12, but that second match has always been the kicker even at the Kohl Center. Steven isn't surrounded by a practice room/partners that are "All-Americans" like other Universities. He has had great coaches and teammates that got him where he is today. They get all the credit as well. Steven was not recruited to any Division 1 Schools, but  NDSU. This is only the beginning for North Dakota State. The team is on the rise.

I just saw the comeback post-match interview on "The Guillotine".  I like how they put Steven in with Minnesota. Minnesota is supportive of NDSU.  Maybe it is because of the coaches :)

http://theguillotine.com/wp/2014/03/video-interviews-with-david-thorn-logan-storley-kevin-steinhaus-scott-schiller-j-robinson-and-steven-monk/

Tami Monk

padre

Congrats!!!  You did the area proud!!!

Big House

People are always gonna talk and to tell you the truth, I love it. I love the attention.
I do what I do because it puts a smile on my face . . . and I'm the only person in the world that matters. - Jenna Jameson

BRC ALUM

Quote from: mnkstr on March 24, 2014, 06:37:17 AM

The emails, phone calls, and media, though out Wisconsin haven't stopped since I returned home to Central Wisconsin last night. I haven't been able to go through everything.  Thank you for the kind post Weber family. Thank you everyone.! Our family couldn't be happier for Steven's local High School (Wausau West High School) and the "Wisconsin Valley".  Steven has been so close the last two years making it to the Round-of-12, but that second match has always been the kicker even at the Kohl Center. Steven isn't surrounded by a practice room/partners that are "All-Americans" like other Universities. He has had great coaches and teammate that got him where he is today. They get all the credit as well. Steven was not recruited to any Division 1 Schools, but  NDSU. This is only the beginning for North Dakota State. The team is on the rise.

I just saw the comeback post-match interview on "The Guillotine".  I like how they put Steven in with Minnesota. Minnesota is very supported of NDSU.  Maybe it is because of the coaches :)

http://theguillotine.com/wp/2014/03/video-interviews-with-david-thorn-logan-storley-kevin-steinhaus-scott-schiller-j-robinson-and-steven-monk/

Tami Monk

Congrats Steven, Mrs. Monk, and the rest of the Wausau West/NDSU wrestling family! Always rooting for kids like Steven.  Class act all the way.