Individual Rankings

Started by JacobRaschka, December 13, 2022, 09:03:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tims

I just spent a few hours breaking down the two sets of rankings and they are not all that different.  Mostly the same guys in the rankings maybe in different orders.  I would say I saw what I would call misses from each.  The main one that I think is a miss from Wi grappler is where is Gavin Kohel of River Falls, and Chris Anderson of Sun Prairie?  And for the WI Wrestle rankings D2 170 is a little off.  Both rankings are missing some lower ranked wrestlers that the other one has but nothing egregious.

I agree with most on here really what Wi Wrestle could have done was use the rankings as a way to draw people to the site and kept those for Free.  Maybe keep their top 50 etc. behind pay wall.

Also, the Wi Grappler look eerily similar to how Indiana and Illinois do their rankings.  Indiana by the way have their rankings behind a pay wall nowadays.

And Wi Wrestle looks to have Copied how Iowa does theirs.

Tim

bigoil

Quote from: Tims on December 22, 2022, 12:09:24 PMI agree with most on here really what Wi Wrestle could have done was use the rankings as a way to draw people to the site and kept those for Free.  Maybe keep their top 50 etc. behind pay wall.

Also, the Wi Grappler look eerily similar to how Indiana and Illinois do their rankings.  Indiana by the way have their rankings behind a pay wall nowadays.

And Wi Wrestle looks to have Copied how Iowa does theirs.

Tim
Bingo

Grappledad

So we always use let's grow wrestling in Wisconsin as an excuse for not wanting to pay for anything anymore.  Make the rankings free to grow the sport as if people's time is free.  These are the same people who won't go to an event and pay admission, but believe the event should be streamed for free online... to help grow the sport of wrestling of course.  Smh

VQOriginal

Look guys, I pay for it all. Rokfin, Flo, all of it. The people on here complaining about paying, should have the smarts to know that there are other avenues to get rankings. I saw a comment on here about screen shotting WI Wrestles rankings and posting it publicly. I hope for the sports sake that was a joke. WI Wrestle isn't doing anything different than hundereds of other wrestling sites. There are fewer and fewer that are free. Paywalls are the future. Do I believe it's worth the money? Yes, I already pay for it. But NO ONE IS RIPPING KIDS OFF! THEY LOVE THIS STUFF! So, for the health of the sport, and for the love of rankings banter, let's just complain about who's favorite didn't make the list on whatever site you can read. Let the guys know, with constructive criticism.

For the record, I know for a fact that neither are biased. At all.