Tag Team Wrestling

Started by Wrestlologist, March 13, 2015, 06:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wrestlologist

In response to the topic about getting more spectators to watch wrestling entitled "How Wrestling Wins - Chapter 14":  The crowd always gets louder when someone scores a point.  As a means of BRAIN-STORMING IDEAS - how about a tag team dual?  Feel free to expound.  The two lightest wrestlers start wrestling.  When one appears to be getting pinned, he can tag the next heavier wrestler on his team.  No pin, so wrestling continues with the fresh wrestler pulling the other wrestler off the wrestler that was getting pinned.  They wrestle until the next tag... use your imagination to keep things exciting for the crowd...
Always do what is right ... God doesn't grade on a curve.

Wrestlologist

After thinking this through to the end, you will see why I don't think wrestling is a team sport.  It is ALWAYS an individual sport.  Team scoring was invented so coaches would have something to do while watching individuals wrestle.  OK - start attacking me now.

Jimmy

Wrestlologist

Never watch TV except Packer games.  Don't have cable or satellite.  Can't even get Monday night football unless Packers are playing and it's transmitted free through the local air.

ramjet

Things will come back this is just a bubble the wrong way. Wrestling in physical education would help as far as I know schools do not do that anymore.........any of you?

A actually it's simpler than that; success brings in support from the community...........

bigG

PE wrestling is gone, IMO, because, the class has to be comprehensive (all students) and having girls wrestle boys might get some parents testy.

I sure hope to see wrestling more popular; but also understand that , to many, it's like watching the sport I hate to watch.

Not every sport can be entertaining to all, like synch. swim is. :) (JK, to any synch. swim fans. Tom, I know you mentioned someone in your family took it seriously.)
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

pantherphotoman

Quote from: Wrestlologist on March 13, 2015, 06:22:42 PM
After thinking this through to the end, you will see why I don't think wrestling is a team sport.  It is ALWAYS an individual sport.  Team scoring was invented so coaches would have something to do while watching individuals wrestle.  OK - start attacking me now.

I wouldn't recommend saying this in the Ellsworth wrestling room.  In our town wrestling is a team sport.  For Ellsworth the individual tournament is just icing on the cake.  You will never see a t-shirt in Ellsworth for individual state, they don't exist.  Not even when we had three state champs, including a 4-timer, a year ago.  But I have at least ten t-shirts in my drawer for team state.  If you could have seen the way each wrestler went out and did his job for the team when we beat Amery in the Team Sectional finals, you might change your mind.  Each wrestler went out and executed his game plan to perfection to give us the win over what many still might consider a superior opponent.  Iron sharpens iron in our room.  I won't attack you.  You can have your opinion, and I have mine.  I just think I might be "righter."  ;)

bigG

Cashton's team this year was all about team. We only had one state qualifier, but made the sectional team championship match. Great bunch of kids who I'm pretty dang proud to call our team.

Bit of a blanket term to say wrestling is an individual sport. Not attacking you; just saying your opinion is incongruent with reality, Ologist.  :)
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Wrestlologist

This weekend is the NCAA championship.  All individual wrestlers.  How many complete teams?

After college.  How many complete teams?  Olympics?  Individual gold metals.

Just sayin' ...

pantherphotoman

I agree Ologist, they really are missing out at those upper levels.  Maybe they will figure it out someday...