True state champion

Started by All Blue, February 07, 2017, 04:00:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

All Blue

Ok guys and gals.....this is just for fun!! But....What if....The WIAA had a champions championship! Take the state champs and round robin a true champ at each weight!! Maybe at the Chula dome. Whats your thoughts? Who beats who? This is a fun time of year...when it gets real! I know..I know...it aint gonna happen,but what if? That would be fun to watch! Should have waited till we knew who are champs are...but what the heck!

smitty71

What I had I gave, what I saved I lost forever!

bulldog

Quote from: Napoleon Dynamite on February 07, 2017, 04:23:19 PM
Quote from: All Blue on February 07, 2017, 04:00:34 PM
Ok guys and gals.....this is just for fun!! But....What if....The WIAA had a champions championship! Take the state champs and round robin a true champ at each weight!! Maybe at the Chula dome. Whats your thoughts? Who beats who? This is a fun time of year...when it gets real! I know..I know...it aint gonna happen,but what if? That would be fun to watch! Should have waited till we knew who are champs are...but what the heck!

Ok guys and gals....what if someone made a post that we have seen 1,486 times and then hit refresh on it every 11 seconds to see how many people responded?

Every 11 seconds for 1,486 times? I guess we would be done in about 5 hours and you would have to find a different post to gripe about. Okay folks...no more discussion regarding anything else that has been brought up before...or regarding anything that has been brought up 1,486 times before

woody53

Blue did say it was for Fun. Been there . Done that . Was part of the process.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

bigoil

Ok guys and gals....what if someone made a post that we have seen 1,486 times and then hit refresh on it every 11 seconds to see how many people responded?

To be fair, probably 14 or 15 times (once per year) and this is the first time this year. I like the discussion it brings. As a former D1 and now a D2 guy, I like to hear both sides. Recently overheard a parent from a D1 school saying how a D1 2nd -6th placer would likely be the champ in D2/3. While that is true from time to time, there are other times where one of those kids may not make it out of a D2/3 regional.

padre

Watertown tried to do it years ago. Didn't generate the interest of the wrestlers that you may think it would have.  They were even giving weight allowances.

Never liked the conversation about D1 would dominate other divisions as state champs because it's just not true. Is there more depth? Well...I would hope so.

Say-Say

There's only so much of a tournament series the WIAA can provide.

I do enjoy seeing the match-ups on the off season or at regular season tournaments/duals, though.  Can't have it all.

ChargerDad

I've said a million times to stop exaggerating..

Wrestling GEAC

We do see it sometimes it is called the Greco and freestyle state championship

Hawkeye

The topic of who's tougher..D1-D2-D3 really gets under my skin!! When Stratford or Coleman compete in tournaments there usually competing against D1. Most of the time the tiny little wimpy schools of D3 like Stratford and Coleman WIN those tournaments. Every program is different in its own way. The kids in D3 or D2 train and compete in the off season the same as the all mighty tough guys of D1. The schools or individuals that win State titles usually do so because they train harder and do more than the rest. About the only advantage I see with D1 schools is they spend more money on there weight rooms. Doesn't mean the kids are using it...

Ghetto

Quote from: ChargerDad on February 07, 2017, 07:43:29 PM

I've said a million times to stop exaggerating..

Favorite post of the day
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

bulldog

Quote from: Hawkeye on February 08, 2017, 10:38:31 AM
     The topic of who's tougher..D1-D2-D3 really gets under my skin!! When Stratford or Coleman compete in tournaments there usually competing against D1. Most of the time the tiny little wimpy schools of D3 like Stratford and Coleman WIN those tournaments. Every program is different in its own way. The kids in D3 or D2 train and compete in the off season the same as the all mighty tough guys of D1. The schools or individuals that win State titles usually do so because they train harder and do more than the rest. About the only advantage I see with D1 schools is they spend more money on there weight rooms. Doesn't mean the kids are using it...

I agree Hawkeye...in many cases I don't think the road to state is any easier in D1, D2 or D3...I would not want to face some of the Stratford or Coleman wrestlers on the mat My boys grew up in the same club as the Drexlers, Mason Kauffman, the Blanchards, Macey Kilty and many other wrestlers who now wrestle for a D3 high school. They were some of the best partners and best opponents we could ask for

bigoil

Quote from: getyourpoints on February 08, 2017, 01:15:30 PM
I will bite!!! I will probably regret it though

Top 2 are in D1

Top 2 are in D1

Koontz -vs- Berglin that would be a great D1 - D2 match.

Seems wide open between D1-D2-D3

132 WOW!!!!
STUL -VS- LEON -VS- HANSON  That would be an awesome D123 triangle.

With Hanson Moving down it would seem to be wide open

D3

152 WOW!!!
BAHR -VS- LEE -VS- KAUFFMAN

D1 top 2

Seems wide open

D1 top 4

D1 top 2

D3

Hwt
D1 top 3

I would give the advantage to D1, but it would be very interesting in some brackets.

Herlache beat Pitzner at the Cheesehead

NoFear

106 Eric Barnett
113 Jon Bailey
120 Brock Bergelin
126 Mason Phillips
132 Sam Stuhl
138 Jeremy Schoenher
145 Jaden Van Maanen
152 Devin Bahr
160 Hayden Krein
170 Connor Williams
182 Jackson Hemauer
195 Jacob Raschka
220 Kamren Bornbach
285 Blaze Beltran

DarkKnight

I'm taking Brady Koontz at 113, Bosman 2nd.

I could be wrong, but that is just my thoughts. Bailey hasn't impressed me too much yet this year.