K.N.O.W.

Started by littleguy301, December 18, 2016, 01:12:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littleguy301

Just heard about this this morning on the forum. sounds like a great idea and already is in place so I would like more information about this so maybe more people like me could get involved or just hear more information about this.

how to get involved?
who does this encompass?
what kind of donations?
what kids are included?
what is the commitement?
website?
facebook?
twitter?
instragram?

anything more would not fall on deaf ears.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

bigoil

What is the mission of the non-profit?

Is there a website with the mission, board, minutes, etc?

If you have transparency, that may clear up some questions. I understand this is new but I assume you have the guiding principles worked out.

aarons23

All of that will be coming soon.  As a board we will not put information out with out passing through our entire board.   Yes this is set up as a legal non profit in the state of Wisconsin  (less than 3 months ago).  There is a lot of planning and work being done as we speak to get this up and running.  The first step was the national dual team, which so far has been a success after 2 dual tournaments.  There is alot of opportunity to make this a successful tool in growing Wisconsin wrestling....its not a magic wand that we will wave and fix every problem and help every wrestler.  If we can make a dent and help in some way is our goal.
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

littleguy301

thanks for the confo getyours.

sounds like a plan and a very workable plan at that.

though like getyours and I talked, it will take some time and be a few years but I think this idea has some legs to travel.

Good luck to K.N.O.W.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

DocWrestling

With promotion of the duals and such, is this in direct conflict then with the WWF and their present plan?  Will this compete with the WWF for wrestlers and camps?
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

aarons23

Quote from: DocWrestling on December 19, 2016, 07:31:14 AM
With promotion of the duals and such, is this in direct conflict then with the WWF and their present plan?  Will this compete with the WWF for wrestlers and camps?

Absolutely not
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

ramjet

Please post once you have things setup and exposure on social media.

Are you associated with any or working with any of the private clubs or organizations like AWA etc?

ramjet

Can you guys tells us some spicfics on how you helped Kids all over the State or some examples and specifics of what you have done to date? Is this limited to the eastern and SE Wisconsin?

ramjet

So the money you raised so far went towards the "traveling team"? This was kids from the two clubs you mentioned above?

Let me rephrase that so I understand; The traveling team is comprised of kids who go to these two wrestling clubs and this group is an extension of those clubs? This group is a financial extension of those clubs? A non-profit fund raising arm for Ringers and Avaitors or a not for profit ? I am just confused about this group and searching through the normal channels I am not finding anything for this group in open records? But based on what you have posted so far I see this as a non-profit organization that contributes to Ringers and Avaiators? Are they registered non-profit organizations? Man I am so confused........ :-[

So can any underprivileged kid sign up and travel with this team being funded by this group? Do you have to be any good at wrestling or you just promoting the sport and opportunity?

ramjet

I said I would call you in the morning and it's not morning yet.

Transparency is key to support and the questions I am asking are things in my mind that need answers.

I appreciate the answers but they are just little bit vague and I would love to donate money but need additional details. Or should I say answers to all my questions. When we talk be aware I will post the content of that conversation on the forum so everyone can have this information and I hope it all works out to help underprevlaged kids get an opportunity to go to any and or all of the private clubs to help them improve. This could be huge especially for Greco and FS. That does sound like a lofty but honorable goal. I am sure all the kids all over the State would have this opportunity right?  If not just say so if this is limited to Ringers and Aviators. It's ok just full disclosure is all I am asking.

I'LL call you in the morning.

TeamJ

It is unfortunate that someone spoke to soon about your organization.  Best of luck in meeting your true non-profit goals in the next few years, whatever they are beyond your current traveling team.

I would caution you using the Y as your example.  In my belief, and where I work/live, the Y has lost their mission years ago...they have consistently moved out of the more needed areas into the wealthy suburbs with their $90-$120/month fees and waterslides versus truly helping those in need, yet maintaining their non-profit status.

another example--the largest hospital system, and the majority of others in the state are non-profit... so again, non-profit can be leveraged to about anyway you desire and it is how it is truly managed by the board and then following a hardwired Mission, Vision, and Values.  Overall non-profit status is abused throughout this nation and probably a large reason for some of the wariness on this forum.

Good job for starting something and hope you use your tax-exempt status for what it is meant for.

DocWrestling

I still cannot believe that the YMCA can function as a non-profit.  Ours pretends to be all about the Boy and Girls Club and they do do some great things with that but 90% of business is just a working fitness center. 
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

ramjet

Well said teamJ.

Mission statement and infrastructure of the organization is important.

ramjet

Nice conversation lofty goals and allot of work ahead of you.

I would suggest anyone who has concerns talk with getyourpounts.

Handles II

Quote from: DocWrestling on December 21, 2016, 08:11:34 AM
I still cannot believe that the YMCA can function as a non-profit.  Ours pretends to be all about the Boy and Girls Club and they do do some great things with that but 90% of business is just a working fitness center. 

From what I understand, the YMCA uses money they make in more suburban areas to continue to offer services in high-poverty areas. Certainly there has been a marketing shift, but I believe the basic mission of helping those who can't afford, and giving kids a safe/healthy environment after school, nights, weekends, is still the main function.