Menomonie is looking for a head coach

Started by Pheasant 1984, July 11, 2015, 10:26:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pheasant 1984

If interested contact me and I'll get your name to the right people! I believe they are looking for a teacher- coach applicant. I'm not sure that is set in stone. Text me @ 715-505-1390
You are only as good as you practice! Practice like a champion to become a champion!

Big Steve

What is the story here? This seems like pretty big news?

Pheasant 1984

Grant stepped down to try another career path. He will definitely be missed!he really built Menomonie into a top contending team!
You are only as good as you practice! Practice like a champion to become a champion!

Pheasant 1984

I do believe the position has been filled! Will find out if I'm able to officially post it!

Pheasant 1984

Mr Jared Evans will be taking over the Head coaching job at Menomonie! Good luck to you coach! If you need anything let me know.

ramjet

yea you can wish him luck but he put the EC team in bad position in that he gave little to no notice and after listening to his speech last spring I will say I am totally disappointed. He really let down a bunch of guys who bought into him hook line and sinker. They will recover and it's a good life lesson for those college guys but he burned them.........period end of story.

littleguy301

Quote from: ramjet on August 01, 2015, 05:25:38 PM
yea you can wish him luck but he put the EC team in bad position in that he gave little to no notice and after listening to his speech last spring I will say I am totally disappointed. He really let down a bunch of guys who bought into him hook line and sinker. They will recover and it's a good life lesson for those college guys but he burned them.........period end of story.

Well, was he offered the spot back or is Eau Claire not really interested in naming a coach?

This suprised me also but maybe family had something to do with it.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Pheasant 1984

I was under the opinion that he was just the interim coach there. I might be wrong.

Dale Einerson

I find no postings saying Coach Evans was elevated from "interim" to Head Coach.  It kind of appears the U of EC should get on the stick...

ramjet

Quote from: Dale Einerson on August 03, 2015, 12:46:30 PM
I find no postings saying Coach Evans was elevated from "interim" to Head Coach.  It kind of appears the U of EC should get on the stick...

Didn't know they had to clear it with you?

Jimmy

I thought every body knows that everything goes thru Dale .

ramjet

Quote from: Jimmy on August 03, 2015, 03:03:06 PM

I apologize I forgot!

Dale Einerson

Quote from: ramjet on August 03, 2015, 03:11:03 PM
Quote from: Jimmy on August 03, 2015, 03:03:06 PM

I apologize I forgot!

I didn't forget...

Actually, meant to include the links on the WIAC and EC sites that said "interim" in January of 2015, with no updates since then...

J Bloom

To those of you who feel you need to cast stones at people behind a fake screen name grow up.

Remember, there is always two sides to every story and multiple factors/reasons people change jobs/careers. I saddens me that every post on here about someone leaving or taking a position and how someone is looking for a reality TV style reason. Whether it was Grant choosing to step down or Jared choosing to come onboard. To put it simply I have great respect for both men. For what Grant brought to our program during his tenure and what Jared will bring.

My grandpa always said, "Clean off your own front porch before you go looking to clean off someone else's."

At the end of the day high school sports is about helping young men/women grow into responsible, hard-working, honest members of society.

ramjet

Quote from: J Bloom on August 03, 2015, 04:02:18 PM
To those of you who feel you need to cast stones at people behind a fake screen name grow up.

Remember, there is always two sides to every story and multiple factors/reasons people change jobs/careers. I saddens me that every post on here about someone leaving or taking a position and how someone is looking for a reality TV style reason. Whether it was Grant choosing to step down or Jared choosing to come onboard. To put it simply I have great respect for both men. For what Grant brought to our program during his tenure and what Jared will bring.

My grandpa always said, "Clean off your own front porch before you go looking to clean off someone else's."

At the end of the day high school sports is about helping young men/women grow into responsible, hard-working, honest members of society.

So you know who I am via PM.  I will say this because he dumped one group of guys to coach another group of guys does not elevate him to Sainthood. He was doing it for himself, that's fine but do not complain if I express my opinion about the situation.

I have NO evidence the University was not recognizing him the head coach just as they did last year. If you know something different please enlighten me.

By the way I said nothing about Grant in fact he did an outstanding job with that program the transition for Jared should be easy.