Wausau West set to host Wisconsin Challenge Series Finals Saturday - WSAW

Started by TomM, January 20, 2023, 10:36:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

Wausau West set to host Wisconsin Challenge Series Finals Saturday - WSAW
WSAW
"With the explosion there, it's incredible," said tournament director and Wausau West wrestling staff member Dallas Moe. "The sport is growing ...

https://www.wsaw.com/2023/01/20/wausau-west-set-host-wisconsin-challenge-series-finals-saturday/
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

panther93

It is a great event for those kids' that qualify and get that experience of a big tournament!!!!!

Suggestions for next year-
I really think as the girls side of wrestling gets bigger this part of the tournament will have to move to a different date or location.  There are just too many matches to wrestling in one day at a single location. 

WW is doing a GREAT job, I had athletes compete in both tournaments, but in the future I really think these have to be separated.

Gutwrench

Separate the tournaments, or have the boys challenge tournament be 16 wrestler brackets.  The tournament took way too long.

Plus with 16 wrestler brackets, you can have wrestle backs to 3rd place without worrying about going over their match limit for the day. As it is now if you lost in the first or second round, the best you could do is a "consolation champion" which is essentially the winner of half the consolation bracket. You don't even get a chance to wrestle for 9th place because doing so would put you over the 5 match limit.