Cliff Keen Vegas

Started by badgerjohn, November 30, 2015, 08:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

npope

Peissig and Horwath wrestled - the latter is still in the championship side of things. Nobody entered at 133.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

cross-face

Ricky with a huge last second victory!

cross-face

Ryan Christensen with 2-1 win over the 7th seed Gabel (Northern Colorado)

billymurphy

Clearly, Minnesota's down years are better than Utah Valley University's best years.

TomM

Did anyone post a list of the wrestlers with a Wisconsin affiliation that are entered in the Cliff Keen LV event?

Here is who we have found (are there others?)

Ben Thornton (Purdue)
Jacob Morrissey (Purdue)
Parker Hines (Air Force)
Marcus Malacek (Air Force)
Rylan Lubeck (Wisconsin)
Eric Peissig (Wisconsin)
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

jaguarwrestler

Quote from: Goat Roper on December 04, 2015, 07:03:49 PM
Quote from: futurerichguy on December 04, 2015, 06:40:54 PM
The Badgers are in 21st place, just behind wrestling powerhouse Utah Valley University.

Another great post by a Debbie Downer (current poor guy).

I guess you're proud of 21st? I guess you're proud that MN can lose almost an entire team and still crush us.
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

vsmf2010

Quote from: jaguarwrestler on December 04, 2015, 09:30:04 PM
The Badgers are in 21st place, just behind wrestling powerhouse Utah Valley University.

I guess you're proud of 21st? I guess you're proud that MN can lose almost an entire team and still crush us.

MN lost 5 starters. UW lost 2, have 2 taking Olympic redshirts, have a returning AA out of the lineup, a starter hurt, and a backup hurt. You have to be fair Jag.

sudden_victory

Jimenez  and Lubeck beat division 2 wrestlers but did not beat anyone from division 1. Ruschell beat one from d1 and one from d2. Three wrestlers made it to day 2. Every year this team has 2-3  elite wrestlers and the rest are great guys who give their all. It won't change unless leadership changes. It's nothing to be ashamed of it is just reality.
Life is a bowl of cherries.

dickie

apparently, jj lost in overtime to barlow mcgehee from Missouri in O.T.  Wasn't pinned.

Ghetto

Most of the matches are on Flowrestling. I didn't try to look for every Wisconsin match. Watched Jiminez vs Binghamton. I bet the Missouri match is on there too.

McGhee beat Zeke Moisey, so if Jiminez can hang with him he might be ok.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Brett Favre - R.I.P.

Quote from: Goat Roper on December 05, 2015, 06:16:21 AM
Quote from: jaguarwrestler on December 04, 2015, 09:30:04 PM

Goat, you and others just cant handle the truth. Barry Davis is a mediocre coach. UW has a mediocre program. Nothing will change until Davis is gone, PERIOD

You have done nothing but bash this program.  Nothing will be accomplished via this forum.  Get involved booster if you are not liking the direction of this program.  Otherwise take your insults somewhere else.

Gather your troops and march into Barry Alvarez office with facts, not emotions.  If you need proffesional help let me know.

hammen

Go home old man Brett. I'm waiting for you to send me another whiny message to stop giving you such a hard time.

Overall the results weren't good yesterday. However, lots of tough guys getting knocked on day 1. Looks like Rossi Bruno went 0-2 as a top 5 seed. Lots of our guys had brutal draws that didn't leave much room for error. It's a good learning experience, and it's good to get in big tournaments like this. Will hopefully help to prepare for midlands. No one remembers or cares who won the cliff keen invite come 2016. It's just for qualifying and seeding at the NCAA, but it's also good for building on the experience going into the next tournament.

littleguy301

My computer shows the power house Utah Valley U in 23rd place with 26.5 points and Wisconsin in 21 with 28 points. Not sure who is correct on this.

The mighty wolverines of utah valley is the former place of education for AJ Cook or JJ Jareu of criminal minds, she aint to shabby ;D
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

dad 2 5

Bruno is an odd guy. There are days he looks great and other days you wonder what is going on and if he could beat anyone. As for the Badgers - nice work by Sir Jordon!  Hopefully this is a motivator for a bunch of the guys. Really need RT back in the line up. Hopefully we can get 3-4 guys that will have good years and be in the mix to AA. I would be ok with that.

littleguy301

Quote from: hammen on December 05, 2015, 08:53:53 AM
Go home old man Brett. I'm waiting for you to send me another whiny message to stop giving you such a hard time.

Overall the results weren't good yesterday. However, lots of tough guys getting knocked on day 1. Looks like Rossi Bruno went 0-2 as a top 5 seed. Lots of our guys had brutal draws that didn't leave much room for error. It's a good learning experience, and it's good to get in big tournaments like this. Will hopefully help to prepare for midlands. No one remembers or cares who won the cliff keen invite come 2016. It's just for qualifying and seeding at the NCAA, but it's also good for building on the experience going into the next tournament.

Hammen, I have a couple of honest questions for you.

You are seeming to down play the Cliff Keens by saying no one remembers, just a qualifying and seeding and good building block for the midlands. So........

If we have a wrestler on the bubble come NCAA time would the cliff keen placing help that wrestler?
You saying the Midlands is a more/better tournament?
Would the wrestler at what ever weight remember if they won it?

Just some honest questions Hammen,
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet