Conference!

Started by atrain, February 01, 2016, 10:35:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

atrain

Big weekend ahead of us. Who's coming home with the coveted CWC title??

bigdawg

106-Fischer vs ?????
113-Kredowicz vs ?????
120-Theobald vs Boldt
126- Czerwonka vs Herb
132-Siolka vs Snortum
138-Potrykus vs Van Straten
145-Urqhart vs Peckham
152-Rief vs Sprague
160-Magee vs Banker
170-Pepilinski
182-Gomm vs Holderman
195-Pepilinski
220-Fielding vs Villnow
285-Warzynski vs Gunderson

I don't know a ton about some of the lighter weights, but it should be a great tournament.  There will be some meat grinders of weight classes and some unbelievable matches with a tight team race.  Gonna be a great weekend! Get hyped!

matman

I bet there may be Stratford Alumni in the stands....

bigdawg

According to my sources I was a little off on some guy's weight classes for the tourney this weekend.  That being said Urqhart will be 138 and that means there will be a rubber match between him and van straten.  No love lost there.  Also Potrykus will be 132 which will make that weight class a fun one.  If Snortum doesn't get thrown I think he could pull off an upset against Potrykus or Siolka or maybe both who knows.  Theobald vs boldt will be a scrappy one to watch.  Fielding vs Pepilinski one last time would be the match of the tournament if it happens.  Could be one of the better CWC tournaments we've seen in years.  Epic match ups at every weight, potential state qualifiers everywhere, and maybe even a crowning of a four timer for the first time since the legend Ben Vosters did it a few years ago. 

atrain

Quote from: bigdawg on February 01, 2016, 08:26:01 PM
According to my sources I was a little off on some guy's weight classes for the tourney this weekend.  That being said Urqhart will be 138 and that means there will be a rubber match between him and van straten.  No love lost there.  Also Potrykus will be 132 which will make that weight class a fun one.  If Snortum doesn't get thrown I think he could pull off an upset against Potrykus or Siolka or maybe both who knows.  Theobald vs boldt will be a scrappy one to watch.  Fielding vs Pepilinski one last time would be the match of the tournament if it happens.  Could be one of the better CWC tournaments we've seen in years.  Epic match ups at every weight, potential state qualifiers everywhere, and maybe even a crowning of a four timer for the first time since the legend Ben Vosters did it a few years ago. 

+1

atrain

Quote from: matman on February 01, 2016, 08:09:08 PM
I bet there may be Stratford Alumni in the stands....

I hope matman doesn't want to throw down with me ;)

wrastle63

Don't think Stratford is as worried about this as they are about Coleman. Is there anyone that will even push Fischer or Kedrowicz?

bigdawg

Quote from: wrastle63 on February 02, 2016, 10:37:41 AM
Don't think Stratford is as worried about this as they are about Coleman. Is there anyone that will even push Fischer or Kedrowicz?
I am not sure.  I don't know a ton about those two weights.  Both kids are solid though, Fischer has a solid record and Kedrowicz only lost to jake Drexler 6-3 and that kid is tough.

Short-Firemans

Drexler is tough and so is Kedrowicz, although Fischer beat Kedrowicz 9-2 at 113 when they dualed Wega according to track.  Not sure what Kedrowicz or Fischer will have though at conference.  This time of the season, anything can happen.  Only a few days and I guess we'll see.  Good luck to all the CWC wrestlers.

padre

Quote from: wrastle63 on February 02, 2016, 10:37:41 AM

Doubtful for this week unless Boldt or Kempf makes the cut early.  This will be a short day for Fischer.

If Kempf not down to 113 maybe they bump Fischer to 113 and use back up at 106 to try to maximize their points.

bigdawg

Word on the street is Fielding and Gomm might not be wrestling this weekend.  The two have been banged up the whole month of January and might need some rest still.  If they do wrestle though, the team race could get a little hairy.

wrastle63

That would definitely change some team scores. If Fischer goes up and the Shiocton boys are out. I saw Fischer beat Kedrowicz earlier this year pretty handily.

falconfan

Congrats to all the wrestlers competing for a coveted CWWC title today. As one of the Falcon faithful "and concession stand junkie" I would like to thank the kids, the fans, and parents for their attendance in Amherst today, we enjoyed being part of your wrestling family. Good luck to everyone at Regionals next weekend and beyond.

Chuck

falconfan, thank you for all the work you do as a "concession stand junkie"
Some wrestling supporters unfortunately don't get involved and have no idea what it takes to run a tournament and feed a large group of people.
The wrestling, some great matchups in the finals.
The 132 match has to go in the books as one of the best matches in years.
Congratulations to August Peplinski and Garrett Siolka on being named co MVPs
Or as I like to call it MVW. ( most valuable wrestler ) One does not play wrestling.
I do have one small complaint. Champions received a bracket sheet printed on a sheet of computer paper. They deserve better than that for this tournament.

WBBs Bro

I agree 1000 percent about the wall charts. They had the same type at the FVA. I thought they looked very tacky and cheap. Aside from that, does anyone know why Fielding of Shiocton didn't wrestle?