Top 10 Wisconsin Sophomores: WIWrestling.com 2015-2016 Season Review

Started by TomM, May 19, 2016, 06:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

Top 10 Wisconsin Sophomores: WIWrestling.com 2015-2016 Season Review

http://www.wiwrestling.com/top-10-wisc-soph-wiw-com-15-16-review/

If you spot a spelling or picture error please email corrections trm @ wiwrestling.com
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

DarkKnight

Good Read. Schoenherr is a young man who could push for a national title in college either at 125 lbs or 133 lbs, depending on how big he gets...For sure in D2 and D3, obviously college D1 is would be very tough to do, but he has potential.

wrastle63

Nearfall3

Quote from: wrastle63 on May 22, 2016, 04:57:18 PM
What was so out of this world about that comment??

The fact that he's just a sophomore in high school should be enough to pump the brakes.  There's so much time between now and when he'll be competitive for a national title at any level.  He's got a ton of potential but who knows if he'll want to wrestle at the next level, it's definitely not for everybody.  Pair that with the fact that there are so many kids who just can't put it together in college wrestling trying to balance living on their own, school, social life, time management, etc.  Not saying he's not one of those kids, but there's far far FAR more examples of guys who aren't competitive in their own college rooms that are thought of as "sure things" in high school compared to national title threats.

wrastle63

All he said is he could and that he had a lot of potential. Jeremy is a stud! Could easily be a D1 recruit. If that offends you then so be it.

benaskren

I would agree with the sentiment of the poster that Schoenherr has a very high ceiling and if I was a college coach I would be keeping a very close eye on him.  I would say there are a few wrestlers in the class that have serious division 1 potential.

No need to pump brakes, saying a kid has potential is completely reasonable.
Ben Askren
Founder and Owner at AWA
askrenbros@gmail.com
www.awawisconsin.com

Nearfall3

The comment wasn't for him to be a recruit at the D1 level, the comment was to push for a national title at the D2 or D3 level, and potentially D1.  While there's no doubt he'll get D1 looks and certainly the lower levels as well, pumping the brakes on pushing for a national title at any level should wait a few years.

wrastle63

Yea a kid who has less than 5 losses. Has beaten defending state Champs each year at state. Doesn't just settle for a 2-1 win and is always pushing himself. His style translates to college. He will be an all American if be chooses to pursue it.

leg turk

Boy oh boy, pump the brakes is right!  How did that College wrestling work out for Thielke?  Many had him picked to be the next 4x National Champion.

wrastle63

Two completely different wrestlers plus Noone said he would be a 4x national champ. It was said he would have the potential to be a ncaa champion.

Ghetto

For the record, there was at least one person saying JT would be a 4xer
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

bigG

Plus many debating how many times he would AA. Shoenherr is a high school stud. Still a high schooler. Anyone who's wrestled in college knows it's a huge jump and one that often leaves high school greats in the dust.

Let the boy grow into a man. Then, we can see if he's still a wrestling great.

Either way, Strat has an incredible group, there. Hope they all just keep a rasslin' away.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

DarkKnight

Haha guys. I'm just saying he has  a ton of potential!! Besides giving up 2 big moves against Nutter, he dominated him, and he is just a sophomore, so yes in 2 years he'll probably be a 4-timer barring any injuries and he'll stay small at 133/126, so yes i'll stand by the statement that the young man has a lot of potential. Has a lot of mat sense.

I don't mind people saying pump the brakes, its totally okay. I'm just saying he would definitely do great in college on the D2/D3 level, and be very competitive on the D1 level. He stays low and knows how to attack/defend/ and react.

nutman

wrestle03

DarkKnight, hold back with the man crush, ok?  State championships don't mean a thing at the D1 College level.  Even if your a 4 time state champ that means zero.  Nada.  Nothing.  I wont make a list of all the WI greats in the past 10 years who did zero at the D1 level.  Many of these guys I'm referring to were "cant miss" guys and there is no such thing when it comes to D1 wrestling.