I'm blaming Ellsworth

Started by copper63, March 07, 2015, 08:58:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

copper63

I think I'm going to have to blame Ellsworth for this page being so quiet tonight. Team state was today and I haven't seen any new post and very few comments. Ellsworth has a good day and this page Is rockin for a week, For days I'll be reading comments about things like short hallways in the schools and milking cows to make special cheese curds, special drinking water and tonight nothing. I see a connection between Ellsworth winning or losing and forum activity. With that being said it is my firm belief that it's Ellsworth's fault this forum is so quiet tonight.

copper63

D3 Spring Valley/Elmwood
D2 Freedom
D1 Kaukauna

Jimmy

The reason the ellsworth fans are not typing is because the new season has already begun.. Fund raisers to plan and practices to attend.silos to climb and cows to milk by hand.

imnofish

Ellsworth fans are probably tired or not back home yet, after spending the day cheering for their team in the FINALS.  Meanwhile, some other folks are sitting at home feeling smug that Ellsworth only took second (for a change), instead of having the privilege of cheering for their own team. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

Paul Harvey

Quote from: imnofish on March 07, 2015, 11:45:08 PM
Ellsworth fans are probably tired or not back home yet, after spending the day cheering for their team in the FINALS.  Meanwhile, some other folks are sitting at home feeling smug that Ellsworth only took second (for a change), instead of having the privilege of cheering for their own team. 

Agreed! I am not from Ellsworth but I respect their consistent success. Another great year for one of the best programs in the state!

This thread is pathetic....
And now you know........ the rest of the story........Good Day!

Street Glide

As Ellsworth fan we were busy supporting our team. Most may have been driving home, and texting and driving does not mix.  The rest may have been back at the hotel celebrating second place.  Were proud of the year.  Would like to congratulate Freedom on a outstanding year well deserved!  Ellsworth will be back and try to submit more to the forum. Copper it looks as though you could contribute more post yourself if you want more excitement on the forum.  Maybe Elsworth is one of the teams who last the longest, so they are on the forum more. Sorry to disappoint you forum readings.

FinalWord

I hope I speak for most of the Ellsworth faithful by first congratulating Freedom on a great year and team. And second, how incredibly proud we all are of this bunch of young wrestlers. 11 new faces this year and they did not disappoint.
" I never met a man I didn't like except Will Rodgers."

littleguy301

Quote from: copper63 on March 07, 2015, 08:58:32 PM
I think I'm going to have to blame Ellsworth for this page being so quiet tonight. Team state was today and I haven't seen any new post and very few comments. Ellsworth has a good day and this page Is rockin for a week, For days I'll be reading comments about things like short hallways in the schools and milking cows to make special cheese curds, special drinking water and tonight nothing. I see a connection between Ellsworth winning or losing and forum activity. With that being said it is my firm belief that it's Ellsworth's fault this forum is so quiet tonight.

I think you fail to understand that while the wrestlers have some advanced training so do the fans. It is alright to take a night off because their hands are sore from clapping,  holding on to the programs with a vice like grip, cheering on the Freedom people for a much deserved win and offering support to the neighboring SV/E team on a very well accomplished first place as a team.

Now after all of that, you call them out because they are not on the forum ;D
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Fabulous Falcons

Congratulations to Ellsworth and its fans for having such a great wrestling tradition. That said. . . congratulations to Freedom wrestlers, coaches and fans. Freedom's win was a mirror image of what Ellsworth does to most teams at team state every year. . .they win the close matches, they capitalize on opponents getting out of position, they normally get the bonus points instead of winning matches by 6 or 7, and their studs tear apart and attempt to pin opponent(s) trying to keep the loss to a 3 point decision.

This team state thing is beautiful. . .back in the day less than a handful of wrestlers could win a title. . .now you are only as good as your weakest link. That is why during the season coaches and teammates need to help everyone on the team get better.

This dual meet was a great template of how to win a team state title over a perennial powerhouse. . . job well done Irish. :)

FYI... those comments about farming are funny. . .being a farm kid myself I'll laughed along. . .nonetheless I am proud to point out to people I meet that I grew up on a farm! ;)

Howard Ruff: "It wasn't raining when Noah built the ark."

NWIS1

I've the entire thread a couple times. My feeling was and remains it all started as "tongue and cheek"?  After spending many fruitless years in the hopes someone locally could overtake Ellsworth as the neighhood (Middle Border) bully I find myself almost applauding this years success. Truely, a remarkable season in this teams storied history.

wrestle84

Quote from: NWIS1 on March 08, 2015, 05:30:06 PM
I've the entire thread a couple times. My feeling was and remains it all started as "tongue and cheek"?  After spending many fruitless years in the hopes someone locally could overtake Ellsworth as the neighhood (Middle Border) bully I find myself almost applauding this years success. Truely, a remarkable season in this teams storied history.

Agreed, I also felt it was started as tongue and cheek, and no disrespect was intended.

imnofish

I hope it was meant to be a joke, but it came off kind of snarky.  If kidding around was the original intent, then I retract my verbal beat down; however, if that's not the case, I stand behind it.  As for Freedom and Ellsworth, congrats to Freedom for being the new champ, congrats to Ellsworth for making the finals.  While I'm at it, congrats to all teams who made it to Team State!
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

Street Glide

Freedom also showed a lot of class by standing and clapping for every Ellsworth wrestler during their medals presentation.  Their fans are passionate which makes the gym rock!