Special Weekend

Started by woody53, March 04, 2014, 04:01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woody53

This will be a very special weekend in Wisconsin Wrestling, with the WIAA Team State and the Big Ten's here in Madison. I want it to special for one person who will not be able to attend the meets. Jordan Vanstrom, a wrestler from Appleton East is in the UW Hospital fighting cancer Again !
Jordan was an Honorary Mat Runner at the State Tournament two years ago when he was fighting the Big C the first time. He beat it ! This year, he was to be a Mat Runner again for real. The Big C decided to pay a visit again. If you have some spare time or if you just want to send him a note. It will be appreciated. I know many UW wrestlers know him.
You can find him at :

Jordan VanStrom
American Family Children's Hospital
1675 Highland Avenue
Madison, WI 53792

Wrestlers are a family. Lets show him how much he is a part of that.

Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

woody53

Rumors have it some might be taking T-Shirts from their school team to him. Great Idea

couldhavebeen

Let me know who and where to get a shirt to Saturday... Any idea the size? We will get him outfitted in some Ellsworth attire

woody53

Quote from: couldhavebeen on March 04, 2014, 05:20:02 PM
Let me know who and where to get a shirt to Saturday... Any idea the size? We will get him outfitted in some Ellsworth attire
Thank you ! I  will be there on Saturday. Look for the old guy running around with his head cut off. That is Woody. I will take your shirt.

woody53

Quote from: woody53 on March 04, 2014, 05:37:45 PM
Quote from: couldhavebeen on March 04, 2014, 05:20:02 PM
Thank you ! I  will be there on Saturday. Look for the old guy running around with his head cut off. That is Woody. I will take your shirt.
And an Medium

couldhavebeen

Not a problem!!!! If I don't see you I will leave it with pantherphotoman. Consider it done!

pantherphotoman

Quote from: couldhavebeen on March 04, 2014, 08:10:45 PM
Not a problem!!!! If I don't see you I will leave it with pantherphotoman. Consider it done!

I'd be glad to help out.  Woody, I'll be the photographer by the mat with the E-town gear. 

littleguy301

Quote from: pantherphotoman on March 05, 2014, 07:49:17 PM

I'd be glad to help out.  Woody, I'll be the photographer by the mat with the E-town gear. 

Woody, also I will say that if you leave it with Photoman, it is in good hands. A very honest, trust worthy guy that you would have a great confo with!!! I mean that seriously and not joking. Good man that photoman is.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

uncle Fester

Ill make sure he gets the new updated fester shirt..
we didnt come here for a picnic

woody53

Thank you Uncle fester. We will get it to Jordan.
;)

pantherphotoman

Quote from: littleguy301 on March 05, 2014, 08:04:00 PM
Quote from: pantherphotoman on March 05, 2014, 07:49:17 PM

Woody, also I will say that if you leave it with Photoman, it is in good hands. A very honest, trust worthy guy that you would have a great confo with!!! I mean that seriously and not joking. Good man that photoman is.

LG will say anything for a bag of E-town Curds!  ;D ;D

woody53

Curd's or Shirts, we will deliver them to Jordan ! ;)

pantherphotoman

So Woody, how did you end up? Got an update for us?!

woody53

I was either thirteen or fourteen shirts just from Team State. Also sweat pants, Water Bottle, Tote Bag, and a Skull cap. Thanks everyone. Dropped them off tonight to Jordan at the UW Hospital. Some of you are going to send things direct to him, and that is awesome.

woody53

Just wanted to say that it was a pleasure meeting you all that came up to me with a shirt. I had a great weekend, and it means a lot to see that you wanted another wrestler have a better weekend than what he has been having.
The best news I got last night is that it appears they have found a matching marrow donor to Jordan. I will keep you guys informed. Thanks again.