Started by TomM, August 02, 2013, 12:03:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Ghetto

I certainly hope squash loses out. I am not a big fan of squash. Or eggplant.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

MarkK

I grew some eggplant this year.  Not a fan.  Raw squash in a salad is good.  Cook it bake it, etc, and it is like baby food.  Nope!
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin

MarkK

reading the article though made me sicker than eating a squash and an eggplant.    they "might" let wrestling back in after "sweeping" changes.   That is spin.    Making the sport more "fair"?    Again spin.   If making the sport more exciting than squash is the determination, then why in the world did it get removed in the first place?   
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin

bigG

Pretty sickening/sickly. I've head this spin over and over and I get a little more pssed every time.

I've noticed I like more veggies raw than cooked. never had raw squash, though. have to try it.

Good to see you posting, Mark.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

imnofish

If wrestling gets reinstated, will they finally give it fair media coverage?  Its low ratings have more to do with that than any other issue.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

Todd

Quote from: Ghetto on August 02, 2013, 09:13:42 PM
I certainly hope squash loses out. I am not a big fan of squash. Or eggplant.

I'll take squashes better half The Sweet Potato.  Love me some eggplant!
"This page intentionally left blank".

Todd

Quote from: bigG on August 20, 2013, 11:11:53 AM
Pretty sickening/sickly. I've head this spin over and over and I get a little more pssed every time.

I've noticed I like more veggies raw than cooked. never had raw squash, though. have to try it.

Actually I can't knock squash.  Butternut squash soup is unreal!
"This page intentionally left blank".

imnofish

Quote from: Todd on August 29, 2013, 08:27:19 AM
Quote from: bigG on August 20, 2013, 11:11:53 AM

Actually I can't knock squash.  Butternut squash soup is unreal!

So is acorn squash, spaghetti squash, yellow squash, zucchini squash (mmmm....  vegetable lasagna), pumpkin.....    8)
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!