MIDLANDS

Started by wrastle63, December 18, 2016, 05:50:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrastle63

Anyone know who we will be bringing? Excited to see the guys get back out there.

dad 2 5

my guess is the ten starters and Wick's and maybe Stone.

bkraus

I'm somehow guessing Jordan will not be there.  Don't know exactly why, but that is my feeling.
Strive for Perfection

leg turk

Quote from: bkraus on December 19, 2016, 12:30:07 PM
I'm somehow guessing Jordan will not be there.  Don't know exactly why, but that is my feeling.

yep, me too.

lizard king

Yes, I got time off to go this year and I am pretty fired up.  I hope WI has a good showing.

wrastle63

Quote from: lizard king on December 19, 2016, 12:37:29 PM
Yes, I got time off to go this year and I am pretty fired up.  I hope WI has a good showing.

Me too! Can't wait. I don't see why Jordan wouldn't go. Why do you feel like he wouldn't?

Would love to see some of the young freshman or redshirt freshman get a chance to wrestle top competition.

bkraus

Look at their rosters the last few seasons there:

2015:
Jimenez, Rowh, Martin, Stickley, Grehek, Crone, Scherenbrock, Christensen, Peissing, Horwath

2014:
Jimenez, Taylor, Lubeck, Crone, Ruschell, Donar, Liegel, Cousins, Cox, Iczkowski, Robertson, McCall, Medbery, Horwath

2013:
Graff, Thielke, TJ Ruschell, Crone, Lubeck, Zeke(placed 6th), Cousins, Cox, Liegel, Robertson, Hein, McCall, Medbery

2012:
Matt Kelliher, Cavallaris, Thielke, Graff, Lubeck, Tom Kelliher, Zeke (placed 3rd), York, Cousins, Liegel, Hein, Medbery

Track record shows they don't take all the starters. Zeke hasn't been there since his Freshman year.
Strive for Perfection

dad 2 5

http://www.nusports.com/news/2016/12/19/ken-kraft-midlands-championships-midlands54-top-contenders-list-announced.aspx

Good to see several Badgers on the list.
Crone, Zeke, Connor, Ryan

This would be a good place for several guys to make their mark and wrestle up. Surprised no Ricky or Martin?

bigG

I'm envious of you guys who are going. What a great tourney.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

bkraus

Quote from: bigG on December 21, 2016, 01:04:53 PM

Then come on down!
Strive for Perfection

leg turk

Quote from: dad 2 5 on December 21, 2016, 10:36:52 AM
http://www.nusports.com/news/2016/12/19/ken-kraft-midlands-championships-midlands54-top-contenders-list-announced.aspx

Good to see several Badgers on the list.
Crone, Zeke, Connor, Ryan

This would be a good place for several guys to make their mark and wrestle up. Surprised no Ricky or Martin?

Is this list an official list of who's going to be there, or just ranked guys of teams that will be there? 

wrastle63

Those are just ranked guys. They had guys who are out for the season on their list. Wouldn't put too much stock into it.

bigG

Quote from: bkraus on December 21, 2016, 01:12:49 PM
Quote from: bigG on December 21, 2016, 01:04:53 PM

Then come on down!

Couple years more, I'll have that freedom.

Have a great time!
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

dad 2 5

couple of questions:
Do bracket usually go up Wednesday?
Is there coverage on Flo on Thursday and Friday?
I don't think I can get down to watch so hoping to see some matches via the web

leg turk

Quote from: dad 2 5 on December 22, 2016, 09:48:17 AM
couple of questions:
Do bracket usually go up Wednesday?
Is there coverage on Flo on Thursday and Friday?
I don't think I can get down to watch so hoping to see some matches via the web

Northwestern website says the Finals on 12/30, are on BTN.