At Northwestern 1-9-15

Started by leg turk, December 31, 2014, 11:46:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crossface21

Quote from: MNbadger on January 07, 2015, 08:51:36 AM
You have both simply proven my point.
We will keep getting what we have gotten for this reason.
Your priority is the NFL over Badger Wrestling, that is a choice.  The complaining going forward should stop.  Too often on here Badger wrestling fans complain about attendance but they don't show up!

Well, I guess that settles it. I'm not a serious wrestling fan. I will now stop cheering for the Badgers and stop coaching. I'm going to give all my wrestling gear and clothes to charity. I will now only watch WWE.

It's a stupid comment to say you can't be a serious fan if you are choosing to watch a football game over a wrestling dual, especially since it could be the last football game of the year.

My high school coach is a Hall Of Famer, but he has even said football is his favorite sport, even over wrestling. I guess he should be taken out of the HOF since he obviously wasn't serious about wrestling and coaching for 50+ years and how dare we let someone into the HOF that wasn't serious about the sport.

bkraus

Quote from: crossface21 on January 07, 2015, 09:49:52 AM
Quote from: MNbadger on January 07, 2015, 08:51:36 AM
You have both simply proven my point.
We will keep getting what we have gotten for this reason.
Your priority is the NFL over Badger Wrestling, that is a choice.  The complaining going forward should stop.  Too often on here Badger wrestling fans complain about attendance but they don't show up!

Well, I guess that settles it. I'm not a serious wrestling fan. I will now stop cheering for the Badgers and stop coaching. I'm going to give all my wrestling gear and clothes to charity. I will now only watch WWE.

It's a stupid comment to say you can't be a serious fan if you are choosing to watch a football game over a wrestling dual, especially since it could be the last football game of the year.

My high school coach is a Hall Of Famer, but he has even said football is his favorite sport, even over wrestling. I guess he should be taken out of the HOF since he obviously wasn't serious about wrestling and coaching for 50+ years and how dare we let someone into the HOF that wasn't serious about the sport.

+1   ;D
Strive for Perfection

wrestlersdad

Many other college events/social events/etc have changed start times in the past because of NFL playoff games/super bowls, etc.  I know Marquette basketball has done it in the past.  I think there are probably multiple factors in play that go into the decison. including but not limited to
   a.  Venue availability - probably not a big issue for the Barn
   b.  Employee availability - are there enough employess of the venue able to make the switch.
   c.  Opposing team agreement - what would the impact of a change be on opponent and such things as travel arrangements, not to mention kids availability to go to class on Monday.  Heck they are students first, athletes second.
   d.  Other media coverage - is there any media coverage of the event boing moved.  I dont know if that is the case on Sunday or not.

I am sure there is much more than I am list here.  Just trying to remind everyone that while it sounds like a no-brainer, there is much more involved behind the scense, as is usually the case.
When opportunity comes, its too late to prepare.

MNbadger

"Well, I guess that settles it. I'm not a serious wrestling fan. I will now stop cheering for the Badgers and stop coaching. I'm going to give all my wrestling gear and clothes to charity. I will now only watch WWE.

My high school coach is a Hall Of Famer, but he has even said football is his favorite sport, even over wrestling. I guess he should be taken out of the HOF since he obviously wasn't serious about wrestling and coaching for 50+ years and how dare we let someone into the HOF that wasn't serious about the sport."

You are being obtuse to be sure.  Thanks for calling my comment stupid.  I think your post is stupid, there! I said it!

You can choose something else over wrestling,  it is your choice as I already stated.  But you can't then with any integrity, whine about coverage (or lack of said coverage).

I seriously don't understand how you extrapolated anything I said to your reference about your high school coach.  No logic there at all.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

Musky Hunter

I will say this.  Wrestling coverage does flat out suck.  Nobody can argue that.  I will be at The Barn watching the game on my phone.  They should move the time as pretty much everyone in the entire state would rather watch the Pack.  

whatever

Quote from: MNbadger on January 04, 2015, 09:35:37 AM
One weight and a rare, unusual circumstance.  Why do you suppose there are weight classes?  If this was a consistently productive strategy, coaches would do it all the time.  They are in the business of winning.

It's not a rare and unusual circumstance.  The reason it doesn't happen more often is not because guys can't move up and beat someone at heavier weight class, it's because coaches don't want to screw over another wrestler on the team who deserves to compete at his weight, as well.
"....the older I get, the better I was....."

dad 2 5

MN B hope you can take a joke at this point...

What would you know about having to make that choice. When was the last time the Viking made the playoffs :)

My guess is it will be hard to move as Purdue is probably tied to travel arrangements.

I don't think the FH has TV like the Kohl Center so I have not decide which we will catch.

I really did not think this was going to stir the pot this much but I should have known better.

GO BADGERS!!! and PACKERS!!!

whatever

Quote from: MNbadger on January 03, 2015, 05:10:04 PM
I certainly disagree.  I think he would have been beaten by average 174 pounders. Do you think he cut that weight for fun and gigles?

Easily the most silly comment I have read on here in a LONG time....
"....the older I get, the better I was....."

crossface21

Quote from: MNbadger on January 07, 2015, 12:11:55 PM
"Well, I guess that settles it. I'm not a serious wrestling fan. I will now stop cheering for the Badgers and stop coaching. I'm going to give all my wrestling gear and clothes to charity. I will now only watch WWE.

My high school coach is a Hall Of Famer, but he has even said football is his favorite sport, even over wrestling. I guess he should be taken out of the HOF since he obviously wasn't serious about wrestling and coaching for 50+ years and how dare we let someone into the HOF that wasn't serious about the sport."

You are being obtuse to be sure.  Thanks for calling my comment stupid.  I think your post is stupid, there! I said it!

You can choose something else over wrestling,  it is your choice as I already stated.  But you can't then with any integrity, whine about coverage (or lack of said coverage).

I seriously don't understand how you extrapolated anything I said to your reference about your high school coach.  No logic there at all.

Sure I can whine about coverage because with all the media we have available in todays world and the money the athletic departments are making, there's no reason the fans shouldn't at least be able to find a blog on what is going on in the match. I pay to watch as many of the UW matches as I can and was at the Big Tens. Just because I can't travel to watch them in person or am choosing to watch a football game doesn't mean i'm not serious about wrestling.

[/quote]

You said you can't be a serious wrestling fan if you choose to watch football. If my coaches favorite sport is football and he wants to watch it, you're saying he's not serious about the sport even though he's been involved for over 50 years. That's how I' extrapolating.

My post is stupid. There, I said it!!

MNbadger

OK, then you are a more serious fan for football than you are for wrestling, again that is fine but you get what you get. 

Dad 25.... I have been a Packer fan all of my life so no sweat there.  It hard when I was younger though and my brother rubbed it in when the Vikings were good.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

bkraus

Quote from: MNbadger on January 07, 2015, 12:44:02 PM
OK, then you are a more serious fan for football than you are for wrestling, again that is fine but you get what you get.

How can you say that just because a person is choosing to watch a football game that day instead of a wrestling match?  There could be a bunch of different factors.  I work until noon on Sunday and then will choose to watch the Packer game instead of taking the 90 minute drive each way for the wrestling match.  Doesn't change the fact that I am going to wrestling tonight, tomorrow, Friday and Saturday.  There are probably a good amount of people that would say, if the Badgers moved this dual to 4 or 5, I could feasibly do both.  You have no idea.  But to call out someone's desire for one sport over another is crazy!  In my preference for sport, wrestling is by far #1, heck, football isn't even #2 it's a distant #3 behind lacrosse.  I would love for this to be on BTN so I could watch both, or even on uwbadgers streaming.  But it is not.  So then choices have to be made.  Tom can I change my name to wrestlingfanfirst?
Strive for Perfection

hammen

Quote from: bkraus on January 07, 2015, 12:51:24 PM
Quote from: MNbadger on January 07, 2015, 12:44:02 PM

How can you say that just because a person is choosing to watch a football game that day instead of a wrestling match?  There could be a bunch of different factors.  I work until noon on Sunday and then will choose to watch the Packer game instead of taking the 90 minute drive each way for the wrestling match.  Doesn't change the fact that I am going to wrestling tonight, tomorrow, Friday and Saturday.  There are probably a good amount of people that would say, if the Badgers moved this dual to 4 or 5, I could feasibly do both.  You have no idea.  But to call out someone's desire for one sport over another is crazy!  In my preference for sport, wrestling is by far #1, heck, football isn't even #2 it's a distant #3 behind lacrosse.  I would love for this to be on BTN so I could watch both, or even on uwbadgers streaming.  But it is not.  So then choices have to be made.  Tom can I change my name to wrestlingfanfirst?

Agreed. I think the "if i choose to watch a divisional playoff football game of my favorite team that comes hopefully once a year over a wrestling match" then "i am a more serious fan of football than wrestling" is pretty poor logic. I am certainly not missing the Packers game. Not a chance. I am a very serious fan of wrestling, and more serious than football.

TomM

"I feel very strongly both ways.  I never argue."
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

jchap

Big chance for Connor to prove he belongs with the best 285s.  Should have beaten Telford at Midlands and now can show it wasn't a fluke.  Also looking forward to Timmy vs Alex.

CLC FAN

It was a heck of an effort with your first post jchap... but I don't think this train is going back on the tracks until the actual dual starts.  Just watch:

Too many weight classes!

jhi

obamacare

stalling

singlets vs fight shorts