Thanks for the encouragement h....
Sincerely,
Tom
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Live2Pin

Most people wouldn't walk 8 miles let alone run it at any pace ! Sounds like you've made big gains in a short period of time. Are you seeing the health/weight loss benifits coming quickly too ! I've found the weight loss sometimes lags a little then catches up pretty fast.

TomM

UPDATE:
Ran 3.0 miles this AM. (Friday, August 22)

Funny you should mention "weight"... There has been NO weight change.  I am bummed about it.  Not sure why this is the case.  In the past (two years ago) there was marked weight decrease of more than 10 pounds by this point (almost two monthos of regular running..).  Not sure what is up with this.  My diet has not changed in any of these running periods... It has improved some, but not a marked change usually.  I don't eat too badly to begin with.

Live2Pin

It'll come Tom. Any time you make a sudden change in eating habits or exercise your body tries to compensate and maintain. It takes a bit to convince your body this new routine is for real.

woody53

Remind us when you two are running your long distance races this fall.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

TomM

Fox Cities (Appleton) HALF marathon September 21 (Sunday)
Tyranena (Lake Mills) HALF marathon *November 9 (Sunday)

*May have a graduate class on Sunday (all day) that weekend...  :(

Live2Pin

Half Marathon this weekend in Occonomowoc. Need to run 9:15 miles to break 2 hrs. Should be cool tomorrow morning.

TomM

Quote from: "Live2Pin"Half Marathon this weekend in Occonomowoc. Need to run 9:15 miles to break 2 hrs. Should be cool tomorrow morning.
That will be great!

TomM

UPDATE:
MON/AUG 25: Ran 9.0 miles (12 min. pace.  I am just pretty slow, especially when running alone... well, my dog runs with me, but she is happy at any speed.)
WED/AUG 27: Ran 2.0 before work. (21 minutes)  Didn't do the 1 min. walk.

woody53

Quote from: "Live2Pin"Half Marathon this weekend in Occonomowoc. Need to run 9:15 miles to break 2 hrs. Should be cool tomorrow morning.

Sounds very duable for you. Good luck with it. I will be willing you on to reach your personal goal.

bigoil

Quote from: "TomM"UPDATE:
MON/AUG 25: Ran 9.0 miles (12 min. pace.  I am just pretty slow, especially when running alone... well, my dog runs with me, but she is happy at any speed.)
WED/AUG 27: Ran 2.0 before work. (21 minutes)  Didn't do the 1 min. walk.

AWESOME JOB! Keep adding on, you should be at 13.1 by next Saturday

TomM

UPDATE:
TODAY FRI/AUG 29: Ran 4.0 miles.  44:48 min.. I walked 30 seconds after mile one and stopped to pee at mile two (corn fields work well).  I figure that was at least a total of 2+ minutes.

woody53

What a beautiful morning for a run. :D Almost to the point of being spiritual. Three miles in 22:20.

Live2Pin

You show off Woody !

Update from Oconomowoc :

From one very happy, short old guy- ran 1:57, right at 9:00 miles !

You're right Woody, Great day for a run. The race was very well run and ended up with 1000 runners. Unfortunately the trophies ran out before they got to 309th place but as some one who struggled to finish one 10 minute mile 2 years ago, I was happy none the less.

For anyone trying to look for a reason to start running, let me tell you the views were fantastic. That might be because I finished BEHIND 125 very fit women ! Oh yea, and the course went around the lake blah, blah, blah ....

Really it was a great experience and has me motivated to continue training for the big one in October.

woody53

Awesome job. Great to see that you got in under two hours. Does your wife know you ran in a coed race? :wink: Don't know if you could have asked for a more perfect morning to compete.