iowa style/mentality more predictable

Started by philschanen123abc, February 10, 2015, 04:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philschanen123abc

with all due respect, realizing that iowa is favored to win the div. 1 college folkstyle championship ...

do you think that the iowa style/ iowa mentality lends itself to predictability? 

whatever

"....the older I get, the better I was....."

woody53

Need to give the issue much more and deeper thought.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

leg turk

badgerjohn

if iowa does not win, then what?  style, mentality or predictability?

welcome back phil
"Common sense rarely survives an encounter with lawyers."  DrSnide 12/28/11

Ghetto

A few years ago it as block and hang and take one shot. It was pretty predictable.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

leg turk

and don't forget their riding technique, pick an ankle and hang on for the whole period, if the ref lets them, which they usually do.

sadpanda

Check out the Bobby Teleford post-match interview on Flo. I realize he said these things in the heat of the moment, but I hope the 'gutting' and 'lab-kicking' stuff isn't representative of this 'style/mentality' ???  BT mentioned how he was heckled by PSU fans after Lawson match...
maybe he got a little taste of what the opposing teams wrestlers get at Carver Arena? ;D

no bat-dads please

TomM

Results are hard to predict when they're in the future.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

vsmf2010

Quote from: sadpanda on February 11, 2015, 08:49:36 PM
Check out the Bobby Teleford post-match interview on Flo. I realize he said these things in the heat of the moment, but I hope the 'gutting' and 'lab-kicking' stuff isn't representative of this 'style/mentality' ???  BT mentioned how he was heckled by PSU fans after Lawson match...
maybe he got a little taste of what the opposing teams wrestlers get at Carver Arena? ;D

Was that Bobby Telford or meathead Rob Lowe?

http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/252108-Iowa-vs-Penn-State/video/759967-The-Stage-is-Big-the-Stakes-are-High#.VNwmEC6gzng