What holes do the Packers still have following the draft?

Started by TomM, May 11, 2015, 06:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

What holes do the Packers still have following the draft?
http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2015/5/11/8584265/packers-roster-holes-2015-nfl-draft

Defensive end?
or
Tight end?
or
Offensive line depth?
or
Other?
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Ghetto

Defensive ends in the 3-4 are just guys. You can pick them up up Anywhere. If Raji can play, the Packers really have something. The nose is more important than the DE.

They have depth, just no real playmaker like Finley was when healthy. Whatever happened to that kid with all the troubles out of Oregon? Did they bring him back? That guy has talent, but maybe not enough to deal with the baggage.

O line depth is a concern. If the outside guys go down there's nothing behind them.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

wrestle84

Did they bring in any punting competition for Mastay? He really was struggling at the end of the year, ala the 2012 Mason Crosby.

bigG

Great stuff, Goat. I'd rather have two average tights than one stud, right now. I drool at the idea of going double tights frequently on early downs. We don't bank on players but coaching to get them up to pro speed. Usually works.

I'm not saying we blow the bank on a Ngata quality man; but a good fireplug would go a long way in the defensive gut. Nice as Raji's feet are, he doesn't hold his ground as well as some of the more stout plugs.

I like our team and will let Tom reiterate my sentiments. :)
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

TomM

TomM

Quote from: bigG on May 12, 2015, 07:21:53 PM
................I'm not saying we blow the bank on a Ngata quality man; but a good fireplug would go a long way in the defensive gut. Nice as Raji's feet are, he doesn't hold his ground as well as some of the more stout plugs.  ..............

Maybe he'll come back a little tubbier... or more STOUT... who knows.   8)  I know I'm bigger than I used to be.

bigG

Hopefully. I like Raji's wheels. He sometimes looks like a 1/2 ton truck going against 1 tonners out there, though.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

maggie

--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

boowrestle

Maggie,why do you say that??raji is going to be just what they need in the middle of the D line.
you can run but you cannot hide.