TV Broadcast

Started by WIWRESTLING1010, March 16, 2018, 09:24:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WIWRESTLING1010

Just wondering what people's thoughts are on the TV broadcast so far?

Let me start out by first saying that I think it is great that ESPN is broadcasting the entire tournament and I know that you have the option to watch every mat online.

With that being said, I think they need to move around to different matches or go 4 screen more. Yesterday, they kept the Valencia brothers on for like 10 minutes. One was majoring his opponent and the other was getting majored. At the same time, Wick and Massa were in a war and Maranelli secured the fall. I guess I just get frustrated that I have to sit and watch a 1 or 2 seed major another opponent in the early rounds when there are overtime matches, pins, etc.. Just wish they would bounce around a little more is all.

DocWrestling

They seem to focus to much on the human interest stories like Valencia brothers and then Duke twins and on the higher seeds.

I would like to see them also go to more 3rd periods where matches are close.  Find the natural drama rather than trying to create the story.

Usually Billy Baldwin annoys me but I did enjoy that 5 minutes of him cheering on the Binghamton wrestler in real time.  He has a true passion for those wrestlers.
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

wrastle63

They are marketing to the every day person. Flowrestling does better coverage as far as covering the best/biggest matches. I wish they would bounce around to some of the better matches though like you said. Yesterday Snyder was destroying his guy and they kept it on that one when their were plenty of great HWT matches were going on.

stbird

I thought the broadcast was terrible!  They missed many obvious great matches.  The ESPN on line where you could switch to whatever match you wanted was much better, however, I found myself sticking to whatever mat Shane was broadcasting just to listen to him, plus he would talk about all the matches when there was a break in the action. 

Barou

Quote from: DocWrestling on March 16, 2018, 10:00:26 AM
They seem to focus to much on the human interest stories like Valencia brothers and then Duke twins and on the higher seeds.

I would like to see them also go to more 3rd periods where matches are close.  Find the natural drama rather than trying to create the story.

Usually Billy Baldwin annoys me but I did enjoy that 5 minutes of him cheering on the Binghamton wrestler in real time.  He has a true passion for those wrestlers.

I think Billy Baldwin is great for the sport.  I was glad to hear how much wrestling he takes in during the regular season.  I thought it was awesome when he was lurking in on the officials during the review of his Binghamton wrestler.
JHI Mafia

mike

Having the opportunity to watch any mat is outstanding. I had main broadcast up on tv than would follow online and watch my matches of interest in their entirety (go Mizzou). What ESPN is putting out to us is fantastic when taken as a whole. And very little to no issues with the streams to individual mats as I have experienced at times with track or flo in the past

But...I'd still rather be there....nothing like it..so awesome in person!

1Iota

Quote from: Barou on March 16, 2018, 03:36:57 PM
Quote from: DocWrestling on March 16, 2018, 10:00:26 AM

I follow Billy on Twitter & he is a passionate wrestling fan.  He promotes the sport year round & knows college wrestling. 
I think Billy Baldwin is great for the sport.  I was glad to hear how much wrestling he takes in during the regular season.  I thought it was awesome when he was lurking in on the officials during the review of his Binghamton wrestler.