What is a Commitment?

Started by woody53, September 15, 2015, 05:56:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghetto

Quote from: dad 2 5 on October 16, 2015, 08:22:09 PM
I agree but it does bring a couple interesting points:
1) Who got to him and start bad mouthing the Badgers?
2) What did theOS offer?
3) Where is Gordon and Dayne and did they call Williams often say, Be a Badger and you have a legit shot at the NFL and H Trophy.

#1 is my bigger concern

I think the kid saw how bad the O line was. That was enough.  ;D
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Barou

Quote from: Ghetto on October 19, 2015, 05:07:31 PM
Quote from: dad 2 5 on October 16, 2015, 08:22:09 PM
I agree but it does bring a couple interesting points:
1) Who got to him and start bad mouthing the Badgers?
2) What did theOS offer?
3) Where is Gordon and Dayne and did they call Williams often say, Be a Badger and you have a legit shot at the NFL and H Trophy.

#1 is my bigger concern

I think the kid saw how bad the O line was. That was enough.  ;D

You beat me to it.  That was my first thought.
JHI Mafia

Dale Einerson

I think it is interesting that the O line is indeed struggling after a very long and very successful run...pun intended.

Also interesting that this recruit is not the only one that wasn't interested in the Badgers.  We have 2 legitimate running backs on the roster in Deal and Ingold.  Both of them, while talented, are quite green by typical and historical Wisconsin running back standards.  We can talk about the 1 that got away, but the number is really more like 2-3.

It would seem that the revolving door of Coaches left the line and the running back situation relatively bare/green.  And that doesn't even begin to address the wide receiver and quarterback positions.  Thank heavens we have a rather typical defense with some of the new guys contributing at a high level. 

Ghetto

We've been bad at WR for so long it's kinda sad. Abraderris was a self made guy. Pretty sure he walked on. We have Nick Toon's daddy to thank, but the last legit NFL talent at the position was Lee Evans. And before that...

We've had RB talent since the early 90's. Scary that we have little in the way of talent behind Clement.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

vsmf2010

Quote from: Ghetto on October 20, 2015, 05:10:07 PM
We've been bad at WR for so long it's kinda sad. Abraderris was a self made guy. Pretty sure he walked on. We have Nick Toon's daddy to thank, but the last legit NFL talent at the position was Lee Evans. And before that...

We've had RB talent since the early 90's. Scary that we have little in the way of talent behind Clement.
Got a pretty darn good wrestler behind Clement  ;D

OneEyedFatMan

Alec Ingold = Second coming of Mike Alstott

Quote from: vsmf2010 on October 20, 2015, 06:33:31 PM
Quote from: Ghetto on October 20, 2015, 05:10:07 PM

Got a pretty darn good wrestler behind Clement  ;D
"Dying ain't much of a livin', boy"