Badgers at NCAAs

Started by CLC FAN, March 09, 2022, 10:30:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Where do you think the Badgers land at the end NCAAs?

5 or more AAs and a Top 10 Finish
4 (5.5%)
4 AAs and a Top 15 Finish
25 (34.2%)
3 or fewer AAs and a Top 20 Finish
44 (60.3%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Voting closed: March 23, 2022, 11:30:08 AM

dad 2 5

Quote from: mkm13 on March 18, 2022, 01:09:36 PM
Really remarkable how he lost literally every close match against a good wrestler this year.  Almost beyond bad luck.  He is so close to the top guys, but just couldn't ever find a win.  Hopefully he will figure it out this offseason, as he is not far away from the top.
[/quote

+1

dad 2 5

and trent the same, two one point losses. Does he and Model still have another year with the Covid year out there?

walden_hiker

disappointing tournament for sure, just couldn't finish shots

dad 2 5

and then there were three...
hope they get some wins this round and the ones to come!

onwisconsin

Hilger beat Fernandez in the dual 6-2.   Bummer.  I thought he had a good chance this tourney, but he just did not finish the season strong.  Really wasn't as good on his feet as I had hoped all season long.   Didn't really make a jump from last season.

dad 2 5

Good win for Barnett. Keep on winning EB

onwisconsin

Quote from: dad 2 5 on March 18, 2022, 01:27:44 PM
Good win for Barnett. Keep on winning EB

Definitely a good win. He won the scrambles.

jets152

Who works with the heavy guys during practice? Gross was light, and Bono and Reader were both middleweights if I am remembering right. Is there anyone on staff that works particularly with the big men?
I would've had a chance in WISAA.

onwisconsin

Quote from: jets152 on March 18, 2022, 01:36:41 PM
Who works with the heavy guys during practice? Gross was light, and Bono and Reader were both middleweights if I am remembering right. Is there anyone on staff that works particularly with the big men?

Newton

neutral

Quote from: vsmf2010 on March 18, 2022, 12:13:23 PM
Quote from: head57 on March 18, 2022, 11:53:42 AM
What was Gomez's score?

Disappointing to not have a guy wrestling in the semi's but lots of chances for guys to get to the podium yet. Let's go.

He was down and went for the Twister and got pinned. Two last second TD's went to review and both went against him which kind of changed the tone of the match. It stings because he would have had Lovett in the semis. However, everyone of the 9 still has a chance to wrestle to or above their seed.

DJ has a doable path to the 3rd place match. Probably a better path than if he would have lost to Evan in the semis. Austin is certainly capable of beating anyone who is on the back and I am sure he will get it back on track tonight.

Love his style & motor - but wish he would have wrestled the 3rd under a bit of control.  The 2nd should have told him that.  Looked like Andonian's length & scrambling was a problem for Gomez - not sure why that would be ... since he's dealt with Lovett's length & scrambling ability well this year.  May be a bit of control ... after 2 periods of "his" way.
(reporter) ... "Rocky ... do you think you've got brain damage?"
(Rocky) ....... "I don't see any."

Vir Fortis

Quote from: head57 on March 18, 2022, 12:13:04 PM
Quote from: DocWrestling on March 18, 2022, 12:02:53 PM
Gomez was down 10-5 and then got stuck at end of 3rd period.  Was ridden hard all match

Ouch. Didn't see that coming.

I had Andonian picked in a pool(in fact, both Lovett and Andonian in the semis)...but changed it because I wanted to see Gomez win...but it wasn't even so much that HE(Andonian) was impressive. It seemed as though Gomez not scoring that TD at the end of the 1st kinda rattled him and then he showed him too much respect. He was able to get in on his legs and finish...and Gomez can throw himself. In fact, I thought he was getting in on the legs rather easily. Think he swung for the fences too early, but...he can still Wrestleback. 149 feels like HWT in that the winner is a foregone conclusion though.

wrastle63

Amos wrestled awesome against Caffey and lost it right at the end. Very similiar to his Big Ten match against Hoffman who is now an All American. Amos has made a lot of progress from the beginning of the season. Looking forward to what he does next year and what he decides to do 197, 285, or redshirt.

FinalWord

Most national polls/predictions had UW finishing 18-21. How some people on "the forum" said top 8 for sure baffles me. They must have watching a different team than me. And the of the country for that matter.
" I never met a man I didn't like except Will Rodgers."

onwisconsin

Quote from: wrastle63 on March 18, 2022, 03:15:43 PM
Amos wrestled awesome against Caffey and lost it right at the end. Very similiar to his Big Ten match against Hoffman who is now an All American. Amos has made a lot of progress from the beginning of the season. Looking forward to what he does next year and what he decides to do 197, 285, or redshirt.

Agreed.

Vir Fortis

Quote from: FinalWord on March 18, 2022, 03:40:50 PM
Most national polls/predictions had UW finishing 18-21. How some people on "the forum" said top 8 for sure baffles me. They must have watching a different team than me. And the of the country for that matter.

You really can't piece together why on the WISCONSIN Wrestling Forum fans may have been optimistic about their placement at the NCAA Tournament?

Huh...yeah, I'm struggling to crack that puzzle myself.

Also, Intermat, Tournament Ranking;
Wisconsin-7th as of March 8

Wisconsin projected finish BASED ON SEEDING-8th place

Also kinda coming in here off the high ropes with the, "I knew all along, not sure why you fools didn't," at what's almost certainly Wisconsin's LOWEST point.

To what end? I'm genuinely curious on this one? What point are you attempting to make that you believe you NEED to articulate here?