State Tournament

Started by Lunatic Fringe, February 20, 2017, 06:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunatic Fringe

I posted the state qualifiers on the last thread but thought I'd start a new one.

With 29 qualifiers.  How many do you think have the ability to get on the podium? Last year the conference had 15 with 8 in the finals. The Janesville Craig sectional was darn tough to get out of.

I'm gonna go with 13 this time and 8 in the finals again.  Stoughton could put 5 in the finals.

CoachH32

My predictions are 19 on the podium with 8 in the finals!  Good luck Badger conference!  Can't wait to watch you all this weekend!

dad 2 5

if I counted right 10 weights with Badger Conference guys on the front side.  Pretty impressive! And Stoughton leading and two others in the top ten. Keep up the hard work!

boowrestle

9 wrestlers from the Badger conference in the Div1 state finals!!Just backs up what I have said for quite awhile,arguably the toughest conference in the state!
you can run but you cannot hide.

Lunatic Fringe

I'll agree with you Boo!  However, it seems like the conference is very top heavy.  Milton and Stoughton combined for 7 of the 9 wrestlers in the finals. However, it was impressive to see that with 6 less qualifiers in the conference this year we still had the same number of place winners.

Totals: 15 Place Winners, 9 Finalists

Reedsburg: 195 Dalton Hahn 2nd
Sauk Prairie: 106 Zeke Smith 4th, 138 Drew Fjoser 3rd
DeForest: 182 Jackson Hemauer 1st
Milton: 112 Dalton Shea 1st, 182 Billy Pitzner 2nd, 195 Jerry Lipke 6th
Stoughton: 106 Hunter Lewis 2nd; 120 Tristan Jenny 2nd; 132 Brandon Klein 1st; 138 Cade Spilde 6th; 145 Garrett Model 2nd; 160 Tyler Dow 1st
Monroe: 138 Cole Murray 4th; 195 Hayden Arneson 5th