Rumor?

Started by puppypower, April 09, 2013, 10:51:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lou Ferrigno

Arnold has nothing on me. 

wrestlerforlife98

Kal weighed too much today to cut to 120 for next Saturday. maybe the question should be if he is really going to 120 at all....  ??? So at St. Croix Falls next Saturday we will have Marko at 113, Wheeler at 120, and Gerber at 126.  ???

littleguy301

Quote from: wrestlerforlife98 on January 18, 2014, 10:36:40 PM
Kal weighed too much today to cut to 120 for next Saturday. maybe the question should be if he is really going to 120 at all....  ??? So at St. Croix Falls next Saturday we will have Marko at 113, Wheeler at 120, and Gerber at 126.  ???

I dont think you will see that, sorry but I dont believe you will.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

The Last Ride

Does anyone have the list of teams and how many teams are coming to the St. Croix Falls tournament next weekend? I'm glad Hudson got into this tournament. It would be nice to know how many ranked kids may be there.
"Do or do not. There is no try."

– Yoda

The Last Ride

Found it on Trackwrestling. Should be a good tournament.

Amery, WI
Boyceville, WI
Cameron, WI
Chetek-Weyerhaeuser/Praire Farm, WI
Chisago Lakes, MN
Cornell, WI
Flambeau, WI
Hudson, WI
Luck/Frederic/Grantsburg, WI
Northwestern, WI
Ogilvie, MN
Pine City, MN
Princeton, MN
River Falls, WI
Spencer, WI
St. Croix Falls, WI
Wisconsin Rapids, WI

– Yoda

wrestlerforlife98

Quote from: littleguy301 on January 19, 2014, 12:15:01 AM

what will we see?   :o

The Last Ride

Quote from: wrestlerforlife98 on January 19, 2014, 08:29:31 AM

Maybe we will see Marko wrestling Wheeler or Gerber....... :o

– Yoda

littleguy301

Quote from: The Last Ride on January 19, 2014, 09:09:30 AM
Quote from: wrestlerforlife98 on January 19, 2014, 08:29:31 AM

Maybe we will see Marko wrestling Wheeler or Gerber....... :o

This is more like it. Not sure which but maybe Wheeler and Gerber will battle it out at 32. Just a thought and in no way I know anything about what is going on. Just looking at past results and where they have been wrestling.

guillotine

Just curious why you would think either Gerber or wheeler, much less both of them would go up to 132?
Gerber has been wrestling 126 all year so no reason he should go up unless to avoid someone IMO.
Wheeler has wrestled 120-126 all year other than going up a weight class to find a better match.
Marko is the Wild card that has wrestled anywhere from 113 to 126 to find the better competition and could weigh in anywhere.
My is that we won't see any of these matchups. Wheeler and Gerber know where each is going to weigh in and Amery and SCF have a history and will know where everybody will be at.
Regardless of not seeing those particular matchups there should be plenty of other good ones.

Street Glide

I agree a lot with what Guillotine says.  I get a feeling he's a SCF insider.  Will any of these three match up next week.  One of them would have to go 132 for this not to happen.  My uneducated guess Wheeler and Gerber at 126.  Mainly though in agreement with Guillotine, there are going to be many other great matches.  Bringing in Hudson, Rapids, and River Falls is a huge boost in the arm for this tournament.  Haven't got to see Boyceville this year, they and their fans always bring a lot of excitement.  The rejuvenated RF team will be fun. We all know Rapids is always competitive.  Will be a fun day all around.

guillotine

No inside info here, I just think with Marko and Clark being ex teamates and Gerber and Wheeler being  workout partners if any one of them wanted to matchup with anyone else they would make it happen.
They had the same opportunity last year and IMO it didn't happen on purpose.

Street Glide

Still say one of the three would have to go 132 for there not to be a match up, don't really see that happening.

guillotine

yes, I agree 100%. What I was trying to say before was if one of them go all the way up to 132, no matter which one it is, it screams "dodging".
I'm sure it isn't in any of there "weight loss schedules" to jump a weight class up a couple weeks before tournaments.

Well anyway, I think we have beat this horse enough.

What other key matchups should we be looking for?
I saw on track that Palmer from Boyc was pinned by Fanning from Hudson. Is that Palmers only loss?

Street Glide

152 looks to be exciting.  Could have a Darius Wright and Chamberlain rematch, but also Benetz WR rapids is in the middle of that now too.  Looks as if most weights have some depth to them.

In some ways with the addition of 3 D1 schools, some of these semi and finals will be as good if not better than earlier tournaments this year.

littleguy301

I thought I saw both Wheeler and Gerber at 32 at some point in the season. I also could be wrong, so many wrestlers and so many matches I do lose some train of thought ;D

I could also see both of those 2 at 20 and Marko at 26. Just a thought.

All 3 could end up in the same bracket also with the tournment seris just around the corner ;D That would be great.

Yes your right Glide, there looks to be some very tough brackets and is there a school from MN that is bringing some horses to put in the mix?