Where do we go from here?

Started by vsmf2010, March 26, 2024, 10:11:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leg turk

Something must be happening, it seems very quiet.

BadgerOne

Quote from: leg turk on April 10, 2024, 06:16:12 PMSomething must be happening, it seems very quiet.

Quite possibly.  I haven't seen Matt Deadman or BigOil posting much in recent times.  They have been longtime Bono supporters with connections to the program and they used to show up to quash any post perceived as being negative towards Bono.  I'm sure that those close to the program know if something might be brewing, but I know nothing but Hamiti's departure and Kelly's flip coupled with Bono's poor recruiting in Wisconsin make me wonder. 

imwi

Quote from: charteroak1 on April 10, 2024, 05:49:20 PMNot sure if it was mentioned here or not before, but he also did make notice that he was leaving FRL during their 1000th episode to pursue other interests...I wonder what those interests are? 

Maybe Mac is doing an intervention with Ben and Bono?

I found this curious also, the part about him leaving FRL

No One Cares

All I will say is this...where there is smoke, there is fire. Ben was not there to find new flip flops nor have tea with Tony Evers.

wrestlemania

"If Eric wont tell you ask others because all of this is widely known."

It is? This is the first time I've read information like this (in very specific form) on these boards.

Some of this, if true, is very serious and needs to be addressed and if that means Bono has to go, so be it.

But just remember this, you can run off Davis and Bono and whoever else comes aboard to be the captain, but the ship will remain stuck until new facilities are built, more money is raised, the RTC has more than one wrestler training and every coach in the state (club or high school) is on the same page as far as the program goes. Because as I said, everything was hunky dory six years ago and all it took was one little dispute (actually, it probably wasn't little) and the whole thing came apart. It could easily happen again. So in the meantime, structural changes have to be made for the long-term health of the program regardless who the coach is so can compete at a higher level because right now, no matter who the coach is, it can't.

Numbers

walden_hiker

Quote from: Numbers on April 11, 2024, 06:40:04 AM
Quote from: wrastle63 on April 10, 2024, 02:21:13 PMBen Askren is at Camp Randall today.
https://x.com/S_Allen308/status/1778103107970306302

FRL could be interesting this morning...

This was a lot to do about nothing. Ben said he went there to just buy a sweatshirt from the team store.

wrastle63

Quote from: walden_hiker on April 11, 2024, 08:55:59 AM
Quote from: wrastle63 on April 10, 2024, 02:21:13 PMBen Askren is at Camp Randall today.

This was a lot to do about nothing. Ben said he went there to just buy a sweatshirt from the team store.
You believe that?

WFactory19

Quote from: walden_hiker on April 11, 2024, 08:55:59 AM

Yeah just went to buy a sweatshirt lol

hammer

Quote from: wrestlemania on April 10, 2024, 11:29:15 PM"If Eric wont tell you ask others because all of this is widely known."

It is? This is the first time I've read information like this (in very specific form) on these boards.

Some of this, if true, is very serious and needs to be addressed and if that means Bono has to go, so be it.

But just remember this, you can run off Davis and Bono and whoever else comes aboard to be the captain, but the ship will remain stuck until new facilities are built, more money is raised, the RTC has more than one wrestler training and every coach in the state (club or high school) is on the same page as far as the program goes. Because as I said, everything was hunky dory six years ago and all it took was one little dispute (actually, it probably wasn't little) and the whole thing came apart. It could easily happen again. So in the meantime, structural changes have to be made for the long-term health of the program regardless who the coach is so can compete at a higher level because right now, no matter who the coach is, it can't.

Rumors have been flying for a while. Whether they are true or not, still not a good look. I do agree that Ben maybe given alittle to much power into the program.

badgerjohn

Sweatshirt?  Hodie?  I heard it was 2 tee shirts?
"Common sense rarely survives an encounter with lawyers."  DrSnide 12/28/11

walden_hiker

Quote from: badgerjohn on April 11, 2024, 10:32:47 AMSweatshirt?  Hodie?  I heard it was 2 tee shirts?

On Flo this morning, he shared that he was in Madison to visit a friend and then stopped by the team store for a sweatshirt.

leg turk

Why would he buy a Wisconsin sweatshirt?

rjchev141

My two cents:
Reader announces CMU hire after trials (he knew his stock was falling and is getting out before it hits zero)
AD requested AWA meeting for blessings on Reader replacement under Bono (he knows UW cannot succeed with it)

However, I believe Ben still wants the head coach job at UW, it is the only real challenge left for him (in his eyes).  He wants an NCAA team title and to coach world champions out of an RTC.  The 1,000 FRL episode makes me think this may still be in play.

We'll know more starting Sunday after the trials, I can't wait!

No One Cares

Reader just tweeted "Can't wait to get the BADGERS back on track next season!  Let's go!"

Was also tweeted by Pat Mineo that the staff was coming back.