who does the Packers draft?

Started by littleguy301, April 03, 2017, 11:42:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramjet

BO there actually a part of me that agrees with you. it is certainly possible depending how he developed he is intense.

Ghetto

Quote from: bigoil on May 02, 2017, 08:34:10 PM
Quote from: Ghetto on May 02, 2017, 12:23:54 PM
Quote from: ramjet on May 02, 2017, 12:19:11 PM
Vince=Special Teams

Totally agree. You can pick those guys up AFTER the draft. Not waste a 4th round (1st pick of that round, no less) on a guy who is never going to be much more than a special teams guy.

Maybe if he would have wrestled...  ;)
He's going to prove you wrong.

Not a chance. He's a local kid, and I'm happy for him, but he's less athletic than Fackerell and we saw what that guy did as a rookie.

He's an effort guy who maximized his abilities in college. There are 1000 of those guys not on a roster right now.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Houndhead

Quote from: Ghetto on May 01, 2017, 08:27:01 PM
Vince Biegel? Ugh. Way overdrafted in that round. Won't play a down. Hate that pick. Also hate the RB from Tulane. Great combine numbers, but will be a kick returner only in this offense.

Tulane?

Ghetto

Quote from: Houndhead on May 04, 2017, 12:19:56 PM
Quote from: Ghetto on May 01, 2017, 08:27:01 PM
Vince Biegel? Ugh. Way overdrafted in that round. Won't play a down. Hate that pick. Also hate the RB from Tulane. Great combine numbers, but will be a kick returner only in this offense.

Tulane?

Sorry. Not Tulane. UTEP. This guy...

Round 5/182: Aaron Jones, RB, 5-9, 208, Texas-El Paso
The earlier selection of Williams didn't keep the Packers from further restocking their Eddie Lacy-less backfield with the diminutive, but highly productive Jones. He ranked among the top five rushers in the FBS last season with a school-record 1,773 yards on the ground and brings an added dimension as a capable pass catcher.

ramjet

Quote from: Ghetto on May 04, 2017, 11:54:33 AM
Quote from: bigoil on May 02, 2017, 08:34:10 PM
Quote from: Ghetto on May 02, 2017, 12:23:54 PM
Quote from: ramjet on May 02, 2017, 12:19:11 PM
Vince=Special Teams

Totally agree. You can pick those guys up AFTER the draft. Not waste a 4th round (1st pick of that round, no less) on a guy who is never going to be much more than a special teams guy.

Maybe if he would have wrestled...  ;)
He's going to prove you wrong.

Not a chance. He's a local kid, and I'm happy for him, but he's less athletic than Fackerell and we saw what that guy did as a rookie.

He's an effort guy who maximized his abilities in college. There are 1000 of those guys not on a roster right now.

Time will tell, cut downs certainly will tell......  ;D

Ghetto

He will make the roster. He won't do jack unless it's on special teams. If he was a 7th rounder I would be happy they picked him up.

ramjet

Eddie Lacy type back? One year of production and 50 lbs later not so effective Eddie Lacy type back?