who does the Packers draft?

Started by littleguy301, April 03, 2017, 11:42:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigoil

Thompson often drafts for next years holes so do don't be shocked by any draft position.

OL/DL will always be drafted it would seem, obviously 5-6 DB's and 3-4 LBS playing at a time will command some need as well.

wrastle63

Quote from: bkraus on April 05, 2017, 02:41:34 PM
He would be, but do you think he will still be around then? 
Could I feel like any other rb would be a reach. If he is there I wouldn't mind it. If not we have to go defense or trade back.

ramjet

Well the strategy they have used forever is this; "We will take the best athlete that is available on our draft Board when its our turn to pick."

Ghetto

Quote from: bkraus on April 05, 2017, 08:14:31 AM
Quote from: Ghetto on April 04, 2017, 02:13:01 PM
I've seen RBs to the Packers at 1. Not sure. RBs are not a high priority in the league, but late maybe you catch lightning in a bottle.

I understand what you are saying, but the Packers don't have a true RB on their roster.  Montgomery is average on his best day and Michels I am not too sure on either.  They need something of a producer there to help the pass game.

We'll have to disagree on Montgomery. He is a very versatile guy. He's not a traditional RB, but he can do more things that most guys at the position. A big banger to compliment already exists on the roster in the FB. Micheal is garbage and I'm glad the Packers got him on the cheap.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

littleguy301

Quote from: Ghetto on April 06, 2017, 12:35:17 PM
Quote from: bkraus on April 05, 2017, 08:14:31 AM
Quote from: Ghetto on April 04, 2017, 02:13:01 PM
I've seen RBs to the Packers at 1. Not sure. RBs are not a high priority in the league, but late maybe you catch lightning in a bottle.

I understand what you are saying, but the Packers don't have a true RB on their roster.  Montgomery is average on his best day and Michels I am not too sure on either.  They need something of a producer there to help the pass game.

We'll have to disagree on Montgomery. He is a very versatile guy. He's not a traditional RB, but he can do more things that most guys at the position. A big banger to compliment already exists on the roster in the FB. Micheal is garbage and I'm glad the Packers got him on the cheap.

I dont think Micheal is garbage but not great. I think if the Packers are set with Ty M at RB with the FB or both FB filling in I see Micheals and a option at RB maybe the one of 80-100 carries with 400 yards on the season. I think he can block also

I with the addition of the 2 TE can see Jordy as the deep threat, Adams as the short route guy, Bennett down the middle and with Cobb and Ty M going in the flat. That can cause some match up problems with about any NFC team I can think of.

Jordy deep
Adams with the button hook or down and out for 10 yards.
Bennet clearing out the middle or taking the middle
Cobb and Ty going out in the flat or short over the middle

man that makes D's take some serious notice I think.

Then who cares about the running game, you have 2 RB basically with Cobb and Ty in space and try to get them to the second level on short passes and making teams lb pick them up. That can be a running game all to its own.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

bkraus

The thing that scares me with Montgomery is how is his ability to read blitzes and pick up the blitzing LB which could give Rodgers time to go downfield.  There is no doubt in my mind that he can be a big back to run the ball, and  receiving out of the backfield will be great with a LB covering him.  Pass pro is my worry.
Strive for Perfection

bigG

Quote from: bkraus on April 07, 2017, 10:18:40 AM
The thing that scares me with Montgomery is how is his ability to read blitzes and pick up the blitzing LB which could give Rodgers time to go downfield.  There is no doubt in my mind that he can be a big back to run the ball, and  receiving out of the backfield will be great with a LB covering him.  Pass pro is my worry.

I really like what Mont showed this year. Lot's of potential. But, even with Polish power leading the heavy runs while MOnt scats and catches, we're missing a dimension of speed and power, simultaneously. Not saying we should have kept Lacy; but there's a reason Peterson, Lynch and others get the $.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Ghetto

Rumor is Marshawn Lynch is coming out of retirement and he wants to play for the Raiders. I thought the Packers should have went after him when he went to Seattle.

maggie

--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

littleguy301

I think it will be the guy from LSU and for some reason I see Peppers still around at alot of mock drafts, I like him better.

maggie

Looks like TT has decided to go Big In the Second round again.....This is the first time the Packers won't pick in the first round since 2008, when they moved back and took Jordy Nelson in the second. That worked out OK. lets see if this works out not Taking Watt,  and it  looks like the Brothers will face off Christmas day... :)
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

TomM

My guess
King from Washington round 2, 1st pick......
Or trade down again for an extra pick.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

ramjet

Crazy like a fox if he can do one more trade and pick up another pick in the third he will do it. There are some really good utility players out there yet and they need depth so I will not be surprized to see them move down in the second round and pick a third rounder.

What the heck Cleveland is putting together a college team? How are they going to pay for all these 1st rounders?

Ghetto

I agree with Tom. I think it's the DB from Washington. I think they'll try to move up and go RB with their second pick in this round. I don't want them to, but I think they will.

littleguy301

Quote from: ramjet on April 28, 2017, 08:10:58 AM
Crazy like a fox if he can do one more trade and pick up another pick in the third he will do it. There are some really good utility players out there yet and they need depth so I will not be surprized to see them move down in the second round and pick a third rounder.

What the heck Cleveland is putting together a college team? How are they going to pay for all these 1st rounders?

they have a cap and number. The Browns will be just fine in the payroll department.