who does the Packers draft?

Started by littleguy301, April 03, 2017, 11:42:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

littleguy301

I for one am being a homer and I would like the mighty Packers to take TJ Watts!!!!!!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

bigG

Love your way of thinking. I'd love TJ; but we need some serious D backfield love.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

ramjet

Possible 1st rounder not in any particular order.

Geez Tabor CB-Florida Big athletic with good measurable. Good on press coverage.
Forrest Lamp, G, Western Kentucky solid inside blocker replace Lang yup he is that good.
Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama tough will most likely go higher but there is chance.
T.J. Watt, EDGE, Wisconsin what can you say not the Mathews type edge rusher but solid and with good coaching he could emerge.Likely a2nd round pick though.
Tre'Davious White, cornerback, LSU great in slot and fast 4.47 40 yard dash. Likely gone before we pick.
Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford wow great pass catching RB this may be why they are not going after FA RB.
Taco Charlton DE from Michigan good pass rusher that eases the pressure on the secondary.
Gareon Conley, CB, Ohio State good ball skills.

littleguy301

Well I think TJ fits the Packers needs to a tee.

Move Mathews inside because I think that is wear he should be at this point of his career. TJ can fill in on the outside and be a 3 down backer with his speed. He could all most a hybrid SS in the coverage game with the use of the TE in the league now. That would free up Mathews to blitz from the middle ala Kevin Greene in his latter years in the league under Dom Capers system.

Yes a couple of DB is in order along with OL and DL.

Though I do think that the Packers will take a RB with their first rounder, which I understand but........
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

ramjet

TJ Watt is new to LB and very raw I am sure they can take him where needs to be in a hurry but it will take some time.

Ghetto

I'll pass on Watt. Not athletic enough.

The mock drafts literally all have someone different going to Green Bay. That's bizarre. Usually there's a few gurus who bond together.

I'll take a DB all day. I say the kid from LSU if he's around.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

bigG

Quote from: Ghetto on April 03, 2017, 10:05:49 PM
I'll pass on Watt. Not athletic enough.

The mock drafts literally all have someone different going to Green Bay. That's bizarre. Usually there's a few gurus who bond together.

I'll take a DB all day. I say the kid from LSU if he's around.

If TD White is available, no-brainer, IMHO.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

bkraus

I wouldn't be surprised to see them take a flier on Joe Mixon, RB from Oklahoma in the first, then work on DB and OL from there.
Strive for Perfection

wrastle63

Quote from: bkraus on April 04, 2017, 09:41:08 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see them take a flier on Joe Mixon, RB from Oklahoma in the first, then work on DB and OL from there.
Agreed or Cook from FSU

Ghetto

I've seen RBs to the Packers at 1. Not sure. RBs are not a high priority in the league, but late maybe you catch lightning in a bottle.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

maggie

RAMCZYK would look good in a Packer Uni   And a few No Name names we May hear on Draft day,   Jeff Ziemba – QB – Shepherd University QB   Or The second coming of Russell Wilson, Eli Jenkins – QB – Jacksonville State University.... :)
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

bkraus

Quote from: Ghetto on April 04, 2017, 02:13:01 PM
I've seen RBs to the Packers at 1. Not sure. RBs are not a high priority in the league, but late maybe you catch lightning in a bottle.

I understand what you are saying, but the Packers don't have a true RB on their roster.  Montgomery is average on his best day and Michels I am not too sure on either.  They need something of a producer there to help the pass game.
Strive for Perfection

wrastle63

Think Cook would be a good compliment to Montgomery as the pass catching back.

bkraus

He would be, but do you think he will still be around then? 
Strive for Perfection

ramjet

Maggie QB in the firth round maybe. RB not going to happen unless the top RB drops hard in the first round.

Defense Defense Defense....