With Jordy out who steps up?

Started by ramjet, August 27, 2015, 09:29:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramjet

Bad luck for the Packers and rather weird way it happened. Also who is going to try and fill the roll the rookies or will they just move some veterans around.

There was one rumor about Moss coming to GB and running drills?

Houndhead

Knowing how Ted Thompson operates, I highly doubt he will bring in a veteran free agent. Next man up. Everyone on the depth chart moves up a notch and we will sign a street free agent that no one has ever heard of.

npope

Any word on how the team feels about Abberderris? I know that he is still on the roster, but no one is talking about him. Is there a chance that he may be some time on the field, especially since Nelson went down? I sure as heck hope that a clown like Moss isn't in the works - GB doesn't need the grief.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

dad 2 5

Adams catches 80 plus and the TE's add some. as for Abberderris I would think he is cut this week or next and signs quickly and becomes a good role player some where all pending he can get healthy. Seems like a great candidate to coach maybe even back at the UW.

ramjet

How about the added threat of That big tight end with name simalur to the the guy at QB could he be the the guy to come up big. He may have too because me thinks that Quarless will be suspended for at least 4 games.

Aberdaris too many head injuries great guy really wanted to see him succeed but just not going to happen at this rate.

I also think for the right price Moss is a good option and if he comes back why not work with the THE BEST QB IN THE NFL?

Hillbilly

Moss?   inappropriate term3 Keenan McCardell and Jimmy Smith are available lol.   

If you bring in a vet at least bring in a guy who can still play. 

Wes Welker is available and only just out of football this year. 

Ivan Stankowski

Chris Carter will most likely be looking for a new job soon, he would be a nice addition

ramjet

Quote from: Ivan Stankowski on August 28, 2015, 03:39:12 AM
Chris Carter will most likely be looking for a new job soon, he would be a nice addition

LOL that is hilarious.......

ramjet

Quote from: Hillbilly on August 28, 2015, 12:45:02 AM
Moss?   blazes Keenan McCardell and Jimmy Smith are available lol.   

If you bring in a vet at least bring in a guy who can still play. 

Wes Welker is available and only just out of football this year. 

Come on Hilbilly

Here is what Moss brings to the Packers:

1.) Exciting interaction with Packers fans along with anatomy lessons all in one gesture.
2.) Physically he will be good to go because he knows how to rest his body and take plays off.
3.) Tremendous meaningful relationships with his teammates.
4.) A full year of great mumbling sound bites for the media.
5.) A great opportunity to bring him just so we can kick him to curb in the embarrassing fashion. Pay back....

ramjet

Quote from: Goat Roper on August 28, 2015, 10:23:36 AM
I think Cordelle Patterson gets released from the Vikings.  Probably won't clear waivers.  Trade late round pick for him?

James Jones will probably not make the Giants team either.

Yea there has been some chatter on Jones coming back to the Packers. Rodgers makes anyone a better reciever.........

Houndhead

Quote from: Goat Roper on August 27, 2015, 06:34:07 PM
Quote from: dad 2 5 on August 27, 2015, 05:18:52 PM
Adams catches 80 plus and the TE's add some. as for Abberderris I would think he is cut this week or next and signs quickly and becomes a good role player some where all pending he can get healthy. Seems like a great candidate to coach maybe even back at the UW.

Too many concussions for Jared.

You are right on about Adams.  Cobb, Adams, Montgomery, and Janis all move up.  We only need Montgomery to catch 38 balls just like Adams did last year.

Exactly what I was saying, everyone moves up a notch.

Ghetto

Exactly. You don't replace Nelson.

Might be time to actually focus on the run to open the pass, and not the other way around. It might take pressure off the new WRs. I think Montgomery becomes the slot guy by mid season.

Abbrederris will not make the roster.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Ghetto

I think they need to move Cobb around. He's versatile, but isn't going to get it done against #1 DBs in the NFL. Getting him on a safety or LB makes him a lot more dangerous.

Devante Adams is a big guy, but can he get separation as the 2? I just don't know. I think initially the Packers will struggle to throw.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

ramjet

They may but I do not think they will change the role that Cobb plays. They will expect Adams to step up and the TE Rodgers will also see allot more action.

Trouble passing? LOL

They have the best QB in the NFL he elevates all the receivers.