Wow! Cardale Jones holds news conference to announce he's returning OSU

Started by TomM, January 15, 2015, 03:20:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

Wow! Cardale Jones holds news conference to announce he's returning to college and Ohio State.
ESPN CollegeFootball ‏@ESPNCFB  ยท 46s46 seconds ago 
"The NFL, after three games, was out of the question for me." - Cardale Jones
https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/status/555836255305748480/photo/1
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

ramjet

Smart move he would have went late third even forth this way he can really increase his stock next year.

maggie

--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

imnofish

I predict that he will be their starting QB next season.  Once he got his shot, he set himself apart from the rest.  Glad to see he kept his head about all this.  They will be extremely tough to beat for the next couple of years, at least, considering their youth and talent, no matter who is their starter, though. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

ramjet

yea I a, with you on this one Fish he will at least be able to compete and brings the element of a accurate passer that can run for big yards. He has got a rocket arm.

npope

Headlines!!

"Third-String QB Calls Press Conference to Announce that Nothing will Change!"

Sounds kinda like an Onion headline, doesn't it?

Unless he transfers, his 15 minutes are up. Too raw for the NFL and not good enough to play for his chosen team. Time to transfer or get ready for a life time of selling used cars.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

imnofish

It's my understanding that he was #3 due to some disciplinary issues, rather than a lack of ability or production.  He's a 23 year old redshirt sophomore.  He spent some time as a student there, but wasn't associated with the team.  This situation is not so simple as it appears, IMO. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

jets152

I have a hard time imagining that the quarterback who led Ohio State to wins over Wisconsin, Alabama, and Oregon will simply be sent back to the bench.
I would've had a chance in WISAA.

littleguy301

Quote from: imnofish on January 15, 2015, 09:47:04 PM
It's my understanding that he was #3 due to some disciplinary issues, rather than a lack of ability or production.  He's a 23 year old redshirt sophomore.  He spent some time as a student there, but wasn't associated with the team.  This situation is not so simple as it appears, IMO. 

GA recruit this kid for Utah back in the day and I want to say he went to Ohio State before Meyer got there and at some point was off the time due to some issues with the team and or Meyer himself.

Personally I think this is a great story but I do feel that he will be back up next year. Remember the guy he replaced was a Heisman canidate and that guy replaced the somewhat favorite going into the season at QB.

Ohio State will have 3 QB coming back next year Braxton Miller the kid that got hurt and this guy that won the title. Though I do hear that braxton Miller may graduate in 4 and may transfer to Oregon State to finish his career, though that is just forum fodder but...........
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

imnofish

Maybe my information wasn't accurate about the guy.   :-\   This article contains some more info about him.  At any rate, he seems like he's mature and intelligent.  I wish we'd see more college athletes stick around so they could graduate. 

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ohio-states-cardale-jones-says-inappropriate term3-return-buckeyes-212945324--ncaaf.html

npope

Quote from: imnofish on January 16, 2015, 01:43:04 AM
Maybe my information wasn't accurate about the guy.   :-\   This article contains some more info about him.  At any rate, he seems like he's mature and intelligent.  I wish we'd see more college athletes stick around so they could graduate. 

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ohio-states-cardale-jones-says-blazes-return-buckeyes-212945324--ncaaf.html

In the article, Cardale and his handlers are saying all the right things (finally). But did you note the subtle dig the reporter inserted into the article?

"Just over two years ago, Jones infamously posted on his Twitter account that he hadn't come to Ohio State to ''play school'' but to play football. Now - in a decision he revealed while Ohio State was having classes 2 hours away - he has chosen to again do both."

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a skeptic in the house ;)
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

bkraus

Quote from: imnofish on January 16, 2015, 01:43:04 AM

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ohio-states-cardale-jones-says-blazes-return-buckeyes-212945324--ncaaf.html

I don't know if I would call him mature and intelligent.  Did you see his twitter post just before the NC game?  He called college and going to class pointless.  All he was there for was to use OSU as a stepping stone to the NFL.  I am guessing his decision to go back was based on some people in the NFL circles telling him he was not ready or his draft stock was poor, even in a QB lacking draft. 

In terms of the other QB's, Braxton Miller will be transferring.  I have heard he is considering Florida State now that Winston is gone and they do not have a clear cut starter.  The other QB, name is skipping me at this time, might not be ready in time for at least the start of next season.  Looks like Jones's job to lose.
Strive for Perfection

maggie

--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

Ghetto

Rumor is that Braxton Miller is being courted by Florida State players to replace Winston.

I am going to hold a press conference saying that I am not ready for the NFL tomorrow.  ;)
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

ramjet

Quote from: Ghetto on January 16, 2015, 01:06:23 PM
Rumor is that Braxton Miller is being courted by Florida State players to replace Winston.

I am going to hold a press conference saying that I am not ready for the NFL tomorrow.  ;)

Would you like me to introduce you at presser?  ;D