Wisco vs. tOSU - B10 title game tonight!

Started by stp, December 06, 2014, 06:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stp

Wat da heck!?!  I must be blind, no thread started already? 

If tOSU has not figured out its run defense woes Wisco will run all over the Bucks.  Ohio States 3rd string QB is a freak of nature athletic wise.   

Always weird when my two favorite B10 teams face off.  I was born and raised in Wisconsin but grew up in Ohio.
Good luck UW!  Will be a fun game.
From Milwaukee to St Paris.

easytopin

59-0 WOW what a pathetic effort.....43 Passes, whens the last time a Badger QB threw the ball 43 times.  Game was well over by half so why did we keep wanting to stop the clock or to throw interceptions.  Somewhere along the line a coach or two has to be gone, 59-0...59-0...59-0...Pellini is gone for losing to UW by thirty, what happens when UW loses by 60.  Start with Ludwig and feel free to start the moving on process.

Don't want to hear...its only one game.  This was our statement game of the year. All those recruits salivating to sign with Wisconsin may have a different taste in their mouth.  Not that I need a reason to drink but... After 59-0 UW should be removed from top 25 and feel free to give our bowl bid to Whitewater.

npope

That shellacking is simply inexplicable. Hard to believe that tOSU is 59 points better than Bucky. Keep in mind that WI beat other teams, e.g. MN, who played tOSU close. Maybe tOSU has been a sleeping giant and they simply needed the play-off motivation to pull it all together. I don't have an explanation for what happened - stunned.

And how about this, that was their third string quarterback! Geeezz, an embarrassing wealth of riches. That game and the next one in the bowls will likely be the only two he ever starts for them.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

maggie

OUT COACHED! and OUT PREPARED BY A BETTER LEGENDARY COACH...that simple...Time to kick some Bulldog...butt!  :)
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

Drivingforce

OSU shut down a one dimensional offense. They put 9 and 10 at that line and said "throw it". Haven't been able to throw the ball for 2 years. No QB. Defense was a big disappointment too. Yeah, completely outcoached. Guys seemed to quit at 24-0.

bigG

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

neutral

The biggest disappointment was that Gordon & the O-line had a chance to add an exclamation point to Gordon's Heisman claim ... and didn't get it done.
(reporter) ... "Rocky ... do you think you've got brain damage?"
(Rocky) ....... "I don't see any."

npope

I get the one-dimensionality of the offense and that there are strategies for beating it, but how does the number two defense in the nation get torn up like that? They looked so bad so often...and the D-backs didn't look like they could have covered a grandma using a walker. What a bad night for WI football - it just destroyed any credibility the team had built up over the past seven weeks.

Nat Pope

bigG

They just got brutalized. No excuse can cover that ugliness.

A loss you can handle. How do you come back from that spankin'?
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

ramjet

Quote from: Drivingforce on December 07, 2014, 07:56:19 AM
OSU shut down a one dimensional offense. They put 9 and 10 at that line and said "throw it". Haven't been able to throw the ball for 2 years. No QB. Defense was a big disappointment too. Yeah, completely outcoached. Guys seemed to quit at 24-0.

This is the best summary and very accurate.

The coach is good coach he will be just fine for crying out loud we were in the Big 10 Championship and had great year they stacked the box sweetness could not have run the ball against them.

great game plan by Urban Meyer and THE Ohio State and the team....they had it together with a an intencity and focus we did not and could not muster.

Great year Melvin good luck in the NFL...........

npope

Quote from: ramjet on December 07, 2014, 03:44:25 PM

The coach is good coach he will be just fine for crying out loud we were in the Big 10 Championship and had great year they stacked the box sweetness could not have run the ball against them.

Okay - now explain 59 points on the defense.

Nat Pope

ramjet

Quote from: npope on December 07, 2014, 04:02:33 PM

I will they exposed a rather weak pass Rush. There was little to no pressure on the big QB plus he has a first class arm with tremendous accuracy. At some point nothing goes your way that is what happened if you think I a, wrong about that ask The Eagles and Bears about playing Green Bay.  So the Badgers had a good rating defensively take a look at the opponents they played in some the games where they were the toughest and were able to pad thier stats. The QB had allot of time I even kidded my wife that she could have completed passes then when you are so worried that the big QB will run and is effectively passing you find yourself deep on runs and short handed.  OS executed a flawless game plan it was effective other than a couple small mistakes it was as close to flawless as one could play.  OS was a superior team last night  simple as that.

So

DrSnide

Quote from: npope on December 07, 2014, 04:02:33 PM

This is the difference between taking  2 and 3 star recruits and coaching them up to their full potential and taking  4 and 5 star recruits and coaching them up to their full potential.  A very young Badger defense got exposed by some much more experienced, more athletic skill position players.  I expect the defense to improve even more next year with experience and continued maturation physically.   

I shudder to envision the offense without Gordon next year. I do think the idea that the offense is in a state of transition under this coaching staff is pretty valid.  I suspect a much more spread type, athletic offense is coming.  Whether it works or not I don't know but I think if Wisconsin wants to compete nationally the offense needs to evolve to at least the point there is some semblance of a passing game.  Whether Anderson and the current offensive cordinator are up to that challenge remains to be seen. 
Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso

boowrestle

Spread offense???Better find some recievers!!!!!!!And they are not on the current roster. ???
you can run but you cannot hide.

npope

Yes Ramjet, you described the massacre that it was. It wasn't just a "good" defense that tOSU destroyed, it was the number two ranked one. It wasn't just any running offense that tOSU rendered impotent and scoreless - it was one with a top Heisman candidate and a vaunted O-line. It was an utter and complete destruction - not something that will be easily shrugged off, and that's my point. It was an incredible beat down - I don't think the Badgers will be able to just move on from this in the short-term.

At 10-3, the Badgers finished with a decent record after playing a middling schedule in terms of difficulty - but 10-3 is 10-3. Each of the three losses were harsh and painful for different reasons, however. Even with questionable coaching and playing in the two early losses; even with two QBs that, when added together only qualify as a barely marginal game manager (with no relief in sight) - even with all that, Bucky was still sniffing around the top ten at the end. So, maybe considering all that, Bucky should be happy. Maybe the reality is that there is tOSU (and maybe MSU) and then all the rest. But I sure was fooled there for a bit.

Nat Pope