2021 Midlands Championships (Cancelled)

Started by TomM, December 20, 2021, 05:03:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

2021 Midlands Championships To Stream Exclusively On B1G+
New B1G+ subscribers receive $10 off a season wrestling pass with the code 'Midlands'

CHICAGO, Ill. – The 58th annual Ken Kraft Midlands Championships, the nation's premier non-conference wrestling tournament, returns this year on Dec. 29-30 and will be available exclusively on B1G+.

In addition to assembling the top men's wrestlers from more than 35 teams across the country, the Midlands will also make history this year by adding a women's division. For the first time ever, more than 150 women's wrestlers from 11 different schools will participate in the championships and wrestle on Dec. 30.

Big Ten Network veteran wrestling broadcasters Shane Sparks and Jim Gibbons will anchor the four sessions on B1G+. For sessions one and two on Dec. 29, B1G+ will feature 10 individual mat cameras as well as a whip-around coverage focused on best action at a given moment. On Dec. 30, B1G+ will once again be home to individual mat cameras for both the men's and women's divisions in sessions three and four, along with the whip-around feed. 

For fans interested in streaming the Midlands, more than 40 Big Ten duals this winter and Big Ten wrestling championships coverage it the spring, an annual wrestling pass is available on B1G+ for 15% off ($59.49) when using the code 'MIDLANDS'. To subscribe, visit www.bigtenplus.com, click on subscribe and choose the wrestling sport pass. After you create a B1G+ account, enter code 'MIDLANDS' under the payment details.

Eight Big Ten teams, including seven ranked in Intermat's top 25, are scheduled to compete. The list includes No. 1 Iowa, No. 4 Michigan, No. 12 Rutgers, No. 15 Northwestern, No. 16 Wisconsin, No. 17 Illinois, No. 18 Purdue and Indiana.

Additional 2021 Midlands coverage can be found on the B1G Wrestling Instagram page and Big Ten Network YouTube wrestling page.

Midlands Championships Schedule

Day   Date   Session Coverage   Platform   Time (ET)
Wednesday   Dec. 29   Session 1   B1G+   10:30 a.m.
Wednesday   Dec. 29   Session 2   B1G+   8 p.m..
Thursday   Dec. 30   Session 3   B1G+   Noon
Thursday   Dec. 30   Session 4   B1G+   7 p.m.

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

TomM

TomM

Rat

PAUL

This is pretty tough news, both for the event itself but also that it really opens up the possibility that any event for the rest of the season may be in jeopardy.  I am no scientist or expert, but this seems like an over-reaction to me.  I feel bad for all of the athletes who have been training their a**es off for this great event.

onwisconsin

Very disappointing.  I was really looking forward to watching.  Even took Wednesday and Thursday afternoon off of work to watch.   

Ghetto

I saw on Twitter that there may be an alternative to Midlands set up by the Illinois Matmen and Women.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove