2020-2021 Roster

Started by Wisconsin Wrestling Fan, October 03, 2020, 11:56:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gwmiller44

I only see 1 guy in the top 4 in the big ten conference, it's going to be a tough year for sure.
Really? Think, Wow!

oregoncy

Quote from: BackwardsHatAttack on October 16, 2020, 12:12:58 PM
Jackson Hemauer potentially coming back?  He posted this from Middleton is what the location shows.

https://twitter.com/hunchoxxx_/status/1317139472375480320?s=10

Here is what he said:

I have officially entered my paperwork to enter the transfer portal. This has been a personal decision to put myself in the best position to win.

The 559 is forever going to be home. And I'm coming back home, right after I get some things done.
Love to everyone in my corner🖤
Fresno State is cutting their wrestling program, so there will be some good guys looking for a new home. Hemauer is solid though, could be a fit but we do have Kratt/Dow/Weiler/Calhoun at his weight range.

mkm13

He would likely be the starter at 184 next year if he came back.

imwi

Did he leave on his own terms?  I understand different coach but what was his standing when he left UW?  Does it matter?  Just curious

wrastle63

Quote from: mkm13 on October 16, 2020, 03:13:13 PM
He would likely be the starter at 184 next year if he came back.
He would not be the projected starter. Weiler would be our starter if he stays with the new rules. Also Hemauer had some issues at UW so don't think that is a good match. Guessing there is some bad blood(his bad blood as imwi stated-new coaching staff) based on his antics while wrestling guys from UW.

Numbers

Quote from: BuckyMatt on October 03, 2020, 12:47:38 PM
Quote from: dad 2 5 on October 03, 2020, 12:16:28 PM
First question when I read this is
Will Wick be back?
Second question is
Are the Badgers headed in an upward, downward or neural trending in the roster?
Third question is
How committed is Amos to the Badgers?
Fourth:
Is there going to be "it is a great day to be a badger" soon to impact the team?

Gray shirts /Gap Year wrestlers can't be on the Roster and will count towards the next years recruiting class. When you add Amos, Calhoun and Zargo to next years class of Copass and DJ Hamiti, that is a monster class; likely the top class in the country.

Any idea why Hamiti is listed among Flo's Top available recruits at Super 32?

oregoncy

Quote from: Numbers on October 20, 2020, 08:34:25 AM
Will Wick be back?
Second question is
Third question is
Fourth:
Is there going to be "it is a great day to be a badger" soon to impact the team?

Gray shirts /Gap Year wrestlers can't be on the Roster and will count towards the next years recruiting class. When you add Amos, Calhoun and Zargo to next years class of Copass and DJ Hamiti, that is a monster class; likely the top class in the country.

Likely a mistake on their part. He's still listed as a Wisconsin commit on their big board and commitment list. His social media would also indicate he's still committed, unless there is something else going on that's not public yet.

walden_hiker

Quote from: Numbers on October 20, 2020, 08:34:25 AM
Will Wick be back?
Second question is
Third question is
Fourth:

I do not believe he is committed anymore.

mkm13

He was a "funky" wrestler. His style seemed to line up with how Askren wrestled. I wonder if him leaving made him look elsewhere

leg turk

That's a bummer if we lost him. ☹️

BuckyMatt

It's my understanding that Flo messed up with the article and he's still committed!

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

149 Kevin Meicher So. Middleton, Wis. / Middleton added to the roster
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

Ghetto

Quote from: mkm13 on October 20, 2020, 08:02:11 PM
He was a "funky" wrestler. His style seemed to line up with how Askren wrestled. I wonder if him leaving made him look elsewhere

We still have a younger, still competing version on the staff in Seth Gross. Kids outside of Wisconsin may not even know who Ben is at this point, other than he's on FloRadio.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

mkm13

Looking at twitter, it sure seems Hamiti is still committed. Bono still liking posts on his results.

mkm13

Quote from: BackwardsHatAttack on October 16, 2020, 12:12:58 PM
Jackson Hemauer potentially coming back? 

In a recent interview, Tristan Moran said there is no chance of this happening.  Seems like things did not end well.  There is no interest on either side.