Big Ten Tourney

Started by DocWrestling, March 09, 2024, 09:07:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrestle_4ever

Agreed BigOil!

I think Hamiti opens it up a lot more than people are thinking.
Expect Dean to come out blazing and look for points.

PSA: Tune in to the finals this afternoon! No doubt we will see Mitchell on his back
It ain't the six minutes...it's what happens in that six minutes

DocWrestling

Great last match by Barnett
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

FinalWord

Anyone that thinks a handful of 7ths is a good thing really needs to reevaluate EVERYTHING!
" I never met a man I didn't like except Will Rodgers."

DocWrestling

Maylor wrestled well.  Zargo ran out of gas

jw52

Quote from: FinalWord on March 10, 2024, 01:18:23 PMAnyone that thinks a handful of 7ths is a good thing really needs to reevaluate EVERYTHING!

This was exactly my point⬆️. I do bleed badger red, but those of you who think the program is trending upward are probably the same ones who think Biden has our country going in the right direction. The calls to get Barry out were loud and I was hopeful Bono would deliver on his promise of a top 5 program. He hasn't. It's that simple. And there is nothing in the future to indicate we will.

bigoil

Quote from: jw52 on March 10, 2024, 01:49:14 PM
Quote from: FinalWord on March 10, 2024, 01:18:23 PMAnyone that thinks a handful of 7ths is a good thing really needs to reevaluate EVERYTHING!

This was exactly my point⬆️. I do bleed badger red, but those of you who think the program is trending upward are probably the same ones who think Biden has our country going in the right direction. The calls to get Barry out were loud and I was hopeful Bono would deliver on his promise of a top 5 program. He hasn't. It's that simple. And there is nothing in the future to indicate we will.
You say you bleed red and believe Hamiti will be made to look like a fool?

Also, your words if you bleed red, don't blast the program.

jw52

Quote from: bigoil on March 10, 2024, 01:59:48 PM

You say you bleed red and believe Hamiti will be made to look like a fool?

Also, your words if you bleed red, don't blast the program.

Not "blasting the program", just speaking the truth. I think you can still be a fan and be honest at the same time🤷�♂️

Barou

Quote from: jw52 on March 10, 2024, 01:23:35 AMMessenbrink is gonna make a fool of hamati. When are all of you going to realize the Bono experiment was a mistake and start calling for his release? We are worse now than we ever were with Barry and Bono's  recruiting classes are not going to get UW into the top 5 as he promised when he took the job. We were sold a false bill of goods. Time to start looking for a new head coach.

You are right on about Bono.  Can we get rid of this guy and give the reigns to Askren already?  He develops better HS kids into high level D1 performers than Bono does with college kids. 

We'll see if McCintosh cares about the program after the season.
JHI Mafia

npope

If a poster has a point to make about the wrestling program and/or its coaches I would whole-heartedly encourage them to do so. However, adding a tag-political comment will just invite extraneous noise to the conversation and the whole thing will quickly devolve into incoherent attacks. So, please save your political rhetoric for a more appropriate forum because this one ain't it.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

littleguy301

What 2 7th and 2 8th and one going for gold. Not sure if this is what the program is wanting but this is what they are delivering. Bottom half of the conference, not sure what to think overall.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Harris

DocWrestling

MNbadger

+1
Quote from: npope on March 10, 2024, 02:28:06 PM

If a poster has a point to make about the wrestling program and/or its coaches I would whole-heartedly encourage them to do so. However, adding a tag-political comment will just invite extraneous noise to the conversation and the whole thing will quickly devolve into incoherent attacks. So, please save your political rhetoric for a more appropriate forum because this one ain't it.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

PAUL

Great battle, disappointing result - hope we see a rematch in 2 weeks. 

wrestlemania

Maybe there will be a rematch in two weeks and maybe Hamiti will get his revenge. I certainly hope so and will root for it but...

...I can't think of anything more typical in example of this UW wrestling program and its history when the team's best wrestler, a senior and top seed in the toughest conference in the country has a 9-2 advantage in the second period on a redshirt freshman wrestling (who yes, is very good but still a redshirt freshman in comparison) in his first B1G title match and still loses.

I mean, you all are going to argue about coaching staffs and recruiting and money and all that crap and meanwhile stuff like this happens. What can one say other than whole thing is cursed. I'm sorry, what can you say?