Cliff Keen tournament

Started by leg turk, November 29, 2017, 04:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leg turk

This Friday and Saturday.
I read that there are 14 teams out of the top 25 there.  That should let us know where we stand!
Good luck Badgers!

stbird

Good stuff!  Badgers aren't getting any respect, most all of our guys are ranked 10 or below.  I can't wait to see them exceed expectations and I'm sure most will!  Let's go Badgers! 

bkraus

I think they need to earn that respect, and this will be a good proving ground for them to do so.
Strive for Perfection

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Look forward to seeing the brackets...
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

leg turk

Quote from: Wisconsin Wrestling Fan on November 30, 2017, 12:32:03 PM

Are they out yet?  Is Flo the only one covering this tournament?  I don't see it on track.

wrastle63

Quote from: leg turk on December 01, 2017, 07:29:13 AM
Quote from: Wisconsin Wrestling Fan on November 30, 2017, 12:32:03 PM

Are they out yet?  Is Flo the only one covering this tournament?  I don't see it on track.
Track has nothing to do with Cliff Keen. Flo has the brackets, articles, live stream, etc.

stbird

Looks like the Badgers got fairly decent draws except Lantz who will go against the #1 seed in his first match, he has a bye in the first round.  I don't see Stone in the line up either. 

1Iota

I see that Breske is in the 174lb bracket.  Excited to see him start his college career even if it's not at UW.

wrastle63

Quote from: stbird on December 01, 2017, 10:03:52 AM
Looks like the Badgers got fairly decent draws except Lantz who will go against the #1 seed in his first match, he has a bye in the first round.  I don't see Stone in the line up either. 
Also surprising to see Rotondo and no Jiminez. Wondering if Rotondo is the guy this year.

Numbers

Quote from: Wisconsin Wrestling Fan on December 01, 2017, 10:50:26 AM
I see Kyle Snyder draws the 6th Seed.

I guess being a 2 Time NCAA Champ / Olympic Champ /  World Champ does not carry any clout.

Perhaps they want him to face Kasper in the Quarters !

No respect for younger brother Kevin.

leg turk

Hunter Marko gets tech falled in the second period.  Not sure who he was even wrestling.

stbird

Has Jiminez even wrestled this year?  I don't remember seeing him in any matches. 

Quote from: wrastle63 on December 01, 2017, 11:01:44 AM
Quote from: stbird on December 01, 2017, 10:03:52 AM
Also surprising to see Rotondo and no Jiminez. Wondering if Rotondo is the guy this year.

stbird

Justin Oliver from Central Michigan

Quote from: leg turk on December 01, 2017, 11:43:41 AM
Hunter Marko gets tech falled in the second period.  Not sure who he was even wrestling.

wrastle63

Quote from: stbird on December 01, 2017, 11:46:43 AM
Justin Oliver from Central Michigan

Quote from: leg turk on December 01, 2017, 11:43:41 AM
Oliver is good, but Crone beat him last year in the dual. Marko was someone who was a big "miss" for the Badgers.