hokie duals

Started by Brett Favre - R.I.P., November 10, 2013, 08:08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leg turk

Any predictions for the Whitewater or Parkside match?

Will both of these be pretty lopsided?

dad 2 5

I likes Gut's break down.
As for Friday - I think we are in the upper 40's low 50's for both and would be surprised if we give up 3 points in either.
125 cannot be easy to make no matter how much plan and work is put in. RT will be just fine.
As for JT - He is learn and be ok, I think by tourney time he will be in the thick of things. I had said before he would AA this year. After this weekend, he has a LOT of work to get himself in that position. He is a great wrestler who has to get his head right and the rest will come.
this will be an interesting season with American, Navy, NIU, IL and then a weak MSU team. I like the schedule. There is plenty of challenges and hopefully the right amount of rest.

Go Badgers!!!

whatever

Quote from: dad 2 5 on November 12, 2013, 04:14:58 PM
As for Friday - I think we are in the upper 40's low 50's for both and would be surprised if we give up 3 points in either.
125 cannot be easy to make no matter how much plan and work is put in. RT will be just fine.
As for JT - He is learn and be ok, I think by tourney time he will be in the thick of things. I had said before he would AA this year. After this weekend, he has a LOT of work to get himself in that position. He is a great wrestler who has to get his head right and the rest will come.
this will be an interesting season with American, Navy, NIU, IL and then a weak MSU team. I like the schedule. There is plenty of challenges and hopefully the right amount of rest.

Go Badgers!!!

I don't think the Badgers will be challenged in the dual score with Parkside but I think Davion Willis wins the bout at 197 and Parkside could win matches at 125 and 165.....
"....the older I get, the better I was....."

billymurphy

I watched Thielke's matches as well as a few others.  Thielke needs to work on bottom.  Most freshman struggle with two things.  1. Getting out on bottom. 2. Not being physically strong enough.
Thielke clearly struggles with both, but very pronounced is his struggling on bottom.  I suppose he was never taken down in high school so he never had to learn mat wrestling.  But these three guys were
able to put their "boot" in whenever they wanted and pounded on him something terrible.  I lost 8-0 to a University of Iowa kid back before internet was invented and don't remember being rode like that.
I do remember telling myself that I would need two full years of extreme working out before I might be ready for a rematch though.  A guy named Rock
was on my college team my freshman year and I was just amazed at how strong he was so I worked the weights extremely hard to become a muscle head too. Look at the University of
Minnesota's upper weight guys and clearly those guys have done some serious working out.
Thielke needs some coaching on hand control as that is the key to getting out on bottom and that is not remotely happening at this time.
Thielke will definitely struggle for awhile unless he can prevent from being taken down again this year.  I hope in 4 months Thielke goes against one of these very tough ranked guys that
took it to Thielke this weekend so we can see the huge improvement I expect him to make. Clearly those three guys Thielke went against were Dang tough so a great eye opener for what to work
on.  Overall though the Badgers are in good shape for the future as there are several very good freshman that should have promising careers ahead of them but some people are being unrealistic
on their expectations for this year since Graff is the only true national title threat. 

Todd

Quote from: Harris on November 10, 2013, 02:12:12 PM
Tough to forfeit a weight.

Jesse will have a long flight back to Mad Town.

I think there were some of us, myself and Scourge that mentioned JT will have high expectations but there will be growth from the season especially coming from Greco just before the season.  He'll be fine and hopefully people weren't expecting him to go undefeated with 4 national championships.  I think Jesse probably set that goal but I didn't expect it. 
"This page intentionally left blank".

Musky Hunter

Quote from: Goat Roper on November 13, 2013, 04:24:51 PM
Quote from: whatever on November 12, 2013, 04:45:19 PM
Quote from: dad 2 5 on November 12, 2013, 04:14:58 PM

Go Badgers!!!

I don't think the Badgers will be challenged in the dual score with Parkside but I think Davion Willis wins the bout at 197 and Parkside could win matches at 125 and 165.....

I don't want to sound cocky, but RT wins at 125#.

I agree I think ryan does work.