Colin Kelly

Started by asdf, April 08, 2024, 05:11:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

asdf

looks like 2024 UW commit Colin Kelly (Mt. Carmel, 184#) decided to sign with Illinois instead.

Flo has him #100 on Big Board, leaving Dillan Johnson and Wyatt Ingham as only other big boarders. Reid Spurley, David Malin, and David Exferd (ID) listed as other recruits for this fall.

https://twitter.com/IlliniWrestling/status/1777425629589250048

BadgerOne

Dillan Johnson is on a football scholarship.  Where is all that scholarship money going?  I have to believe Bono is offering a lot of full-rides or near full-rides to anyone considered a top 100 recruit and willing to endure him and perhaps a 50% scholarship to any top 100-200 recruit.

wrestle03

The likelihood that Dillan Johnson steps on the wrestling mat after his freshman season is slim to none.  Its very sad when your supposed best wrestling recruit is on a full football scholarship.  When wrestling starts interfering with football the wrestling will be done.

Bono will need to go D2 or D3 transfer portal to find anyone who wants to wrestle for him.  Facts.

hammer

Quote from: wrestle03 on April 08, 2024, 05:54:16 PMThe likelihood that Dillan Johnson steps on the wrestling mat after his freshman season is slim to none.  Its very sad when your supposed best wrestling recruit is on a full football scholarship.  When wrestling starts interfering with football the wrestling will be done.

Bono will need to go D2 or D3 transfer portal to find anyone who wants to wrestle for him.  Facts.

That is a strange way to build a D1 program! Well there is quite a few Wisconsin guys that AA in D2 and D3! Also there are a few D1 guys from Wisconsin in the portal and I doubt knowing the track record of the current staff they didn't get contacted!

leg turk

WrestlerSB80

Just so disappointing, knowing the talent Wisconsin has and has in the pipeline. No matter what clubs they wrestle for.

Vir Fortis

Quote from: hammer on April 08, 2024, 07:15:12 PM
Quote from: wrestle03 on April 08, 2024, 05:54:16 PMThe likelihood that Dillan Johnson steps on the wrestling mat after his freshman season is slim to none.  Its very sad when your supposed best wrestling recruit is on a full football scholarship.  When wrestling starts interfering with football the wrestling will be done.

That is a strange way to build a D1 program! Well there is quite a few Wisconsin guys that AA in D2 and D3! Also there are a few D1 guys from Wisconsin in the portal and I doubt knowing the track record of the current staff they didn't get contacted!

It's not building.

It was building when they had Hamiti, Amos, Hilger, Rowley, and a couple of other good young kids in place, when they had Root, Estrada, and Clark signed and coming, they were in on Davino, the ONE Ferrari, Hopke(always probably a pipe dream).

It is just time to move on and hit the reset button. Things are snowballing and I don't see how they stop it. I like Amos, Zargo, Rivera, but there's not enough there by a long shot. Trevor Brandvold would be great.

I'm not sure why he left, but he's a UW guy and I'd be surprised if any coaches found him...objectionable.

wrestlemania

I'm not sure why he left, but he's a UW guy and I'd be surprised if any coaches found him...objectionable.

Usually when a coaching staff is replaced (ala Davis in 2018) the whole staff goes out at the same time. That's not always true but I find it amazing all these people supportive of Trevor didn't speak up for him six years ago.

MNbadger

I am hoping we don't ever lose Brandvold.  Ithink he has a good thing going here in Gopherland.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

hammer

Quote from: Vir Fortis on April 09, 2024, 07:58:06 PM
Quote from: hammer on April 08, 2024, 07:15:12 PM

It's not building.

It was building when they had Hamiti, Amos, Hilger, Rowley, and a couple of other good young kids in place, when they had Root, Estrada, and Clark signed and coming, they were in on Davino, the ONE Ferrari, Hopke(always probably a pipe dream).

It is just time to move on and hit the reset button. Things are snowballing and I don't see how they stop it. I like Amos, Zargo, Rivera, but there's not enough there by a long shot. Trevor Brandvold would be great.

I was trying to be a tad less to the point of building a team with D2 and D3 talent. To follow this team.next year you have to be a die hard fan and just enjoy watching wrestling. Going to be tough for sure.