UW recruiting question.

Started by leg turk, March 18, 2024, 11:45:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charteroak1

125 Barnett
133 ? Not a WI kid but I bet Kyle Burwick would transfer back.
141 ?
149 Gomez
157 Mesenbrink
165 O'Toole
174 Hamiti
184 Keckeisen
197 Joles - Add in Buchanan
Hwt ? -

This got me thinking about HWT and the last time UW didn't have HWT at the Big Dance? Tobin '12 Medbery '13, Medbury '14, Medbury '15, No one'16, Medbury '17, No one'18, Hillger '19, Hillger '20, Hillger '21, Hillger '22, Hillger '23.  Probably 2nd bet weight for the Badgers behind 125.

wrestlemania

"Why not? Becker is an outstanding coach. He doesn't have the D1 accolades, but he has the respect of Askren. Like it or not, he's the biggest obstacle right now.

In other words we need Askren's puppet in order to be successful. Got it.

Brandvold? Again, why not? He's a Wisconsin guy, I would think he'd do better with Wisconsin kids. He's been an outstanding assistant.

Gee I wonder why they fired him then? You'd think he come back after the way the UWAD (and you all on these boards) treated Barry? I doubt it.

Hahn-Does he get along with Askren?

If this question has to be asked then you are really limiting the pool of candidates who will be considered.

WrestlerSB80

Unfortunately, like all good things, Bono is out first thing Monday morning and some PSU assistant coaches are in.

dad 2 5

wrestlemania

Quote from: WrestlerSB80 on March 23, 2024, 01:29:46 AMUnfortunately, like all good things, Bono is out first thing Monday morning and some PSU assistant coaches are in.

Wishful thinking?

jw52

Quote from: WrestlerSB80 on March 23, 2024, 01:29:46 AMUnfortunately, like all good things, Bono is out first thing Monday morning and some PSU assistant coaches are in.

That's the word on the street. Reader to CMU, Bono is taking an assistant job on the east coast, Cody Sanderson is your new head coach and will bring some PSU assistants with him.

harley25

Quote from: jw52 on March 24, 2024, 03:23:36 AM

That's the word on the street. Reader to CMU, Bono is taking an assistant job on the east coast, Cody Sanderson is your new head coach and will bring some PSU assistants with him.

Do you want CS after the huge rookie mistake he made last night in the finals?

wrestle03

harley25 - if your referring to the Messenbrink match - thats on Messenbrink.  He needs to know what the score is.
Second, CS would have zero interest in coming to Madison.

harley25

Quote from: wrestle03 on March 24, 2024, 10:36:12 AMharley25 - if your referring to the Messenbrink match - thats on Messenbrink.  He needs to know what the score is.
Second, CS would have zero interest in coming to Madison.

That's funny stuff!!!
Why even have coaches in the corner, and FYI Cael himself said that was on the coaching staff so go debate with him.

wrestle03

When you are a wrestler of the caliber of Messenbrink wresting for a NCAA D1 title as a freshman you better be aware enough to know what the score it - thats on him - he's the one wrestling the match.  I know what Cale said - and in typical Cael fashion he / his staff are going to take blame and not place it on the wrestler.  Ask Messenbrink who's fault it is and he'll clearly tell you it's on him.  Coaches don't wrestle the matches - blaming the coaching staff for a wrestler not knowing the score is funny stuff!!!!

MatScoutWillie

This is not out of the question.

MatScoutWillie

Quote from: harley25 on March 24, 2024, 08:32:50 AM
Quote from: jw52 on March 24, 2024, 03:23:36 AM

Do you want CS after the huge rookie mistake he made last night in the finals?

Good take. Cody is an awful coach. Keep him away from UW!!!!

wrestle_4ever

Good take. Cody is an awful coach. Keep him away from UW!!!!
[/quote]

My thoughts exactly Willie. I really hope to stick with Chris and slowly build a contender. Bringing in a goon from Penn st would be bad for Madison and the kids in general. Keep jumpin around!
It ain't the six minutes...it's what happens in that six minutes

wrestlemania

I would say something about buying you a steak dinner if this was even remotely true but I don't think I have to worry about it

"Word on the street", yes that proverbial source of information. I would prefer that you're source was someone in the UWAD.

vsmf2010

Here is the CMU posting just in case anyone on the forum would like to apply for the job

https://www.jobs.cmich.edu/postings/40037