Hamiti NCAA seed

Started by Gutwrench, March 11, 2024, 03:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littleguy301

Quote from: BadgerOne on March 14, 2024, 11:05:28 PMHamiti got seeded fifth and he'd have to get by both Carr and KOT to make finals.  That's a terrible draw.  The sixth seed would have been much better as Ramirez and Messenbrink is much easier path to finals.

I don't call it a terrible draw at all. Regardless DJ would to had to beat a combo or tri fecta of KOT, Carr, Mitchel, Ramirez, Amine or some one else that had a tournament. So no matter where your seeded you still have to beat some/several studs to stand on top!

So let's stop worrying about the seed and go out and wrestle above that seed!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Grapl

I don't call it a terrible draw at all. Regardless DJ would to had to beat a combo or tri fecta of KOT, Carr, Mitchel, Ramirez, Amine or some one else that had a tournament. So no matter where your seeded you still have to beat some/several studs to stand on top!

100 %

BadgerOne

Quote from: littleguy301 on March 17, 2024, 11:03:17 PM
Quote from: BadgerOne on March 14, 2024, 11:05:28 PMHamiti got seeded fifth and he'd have to get by both Carr and KOT to make finals.  That's a terrible draw.  The sixth seed would have been much better as Ramirez and Messenbrink is much easier path to finals.

BS.  The draw was as horrible as possible and I have heard others complaining about it too.  Hamiti can't beat Carr or KOT.  He hasn't even been in a competitive match with those two.  I think he has a chance against everyone else although he's never beat Cam Amine or Mesenbrink.  Horrible Horrible Draw.  Iowa was gifted an easy draw.  Caliendo isn't a top 4 guy but he got an easy draw in Julian Ramirez who was an incredibly weak 3 seed (Dean destroyed him multiple times and he looked terrible against Caliendo, but he lucked into a three seed by a flukey one point win over Carr who decisively beat Ramirez before).

To make matters worse, Dean will now have to beat Olejnik who he lost to in his last match just to AA.

vsmf2010

Quote from: BadgerOne on March 22, 2024, 01:04:02 PM

BS.  The draw was as horrible as possible and I have heard others complaining about it too.  Hamiti can't beat Carr or KOT.  He hasn't even been in a competitive match with those two.  I think he has a chance against everyone else although he's never beat Cam Amine or Mesenbrink.  Horrible Horrible Draw.  Iowa was gifted an easy draw.  Caliendo isn't a top 4 guy but he got an easy draw in Julian Ramirez who was an incredibly weak 3 seed (Dean destroyed him multiple times and he looked terrible against Caliendo, but he lucked into a three seed by a flukey one point win over Carr who decisively beat Ramirez before).

To make matters worse, Dean will now have to beat Olejnik who he lost to in his last match just to AA.

100% agree. Don't forget that Ramirez ducked Carr in the dual which they did not hold against him in the seeding which is awful. I think DJ beats Olejnik fairly handily tonight. He has beat him every time with the exception of the exhibition match and Olejnik stalled and wrestled the edge really badly. I do not think he will get away with that again. Either way 1 of those 2 will not AA which is a shame because I think they are both top 8 guys. If this was seeded correctly it would be Ramirez Olejnik in the blood round.

DJ has a decent path to the 3rd place match and a rematch with Carr. At least Amine is on the other side so we will not have to see that stall fest until possibly in a placement match. If I have to watch anymore Will Lewan or Cam Amine I think I will start watching soccer or bowling! 

Rooting for Hall to take out Ramirez in the blood round too!

littleguy301

Quote from: vsmf2010 on March 22, 2024, 04:10:58 PM

100% agree. Don't forget that Ramirez ducked Carr in the dual which they did not hold against him in the seeding which is awful. I think DJ beats Olejnik fairly handily tonight. He has beat him every time with the exception of the exhibition match and Olejnik stalled and wrestled the edge really badly. I do not think he will get away with that again. Either way 1 of those 2 will not AA which is a shame because I think they are both top 8 guys. If this was seeded correctly it would be Ramirez Olejnik in the blood round.

DJ has a decent path to the 3rd place match and a rematch with Carr. At least Amine is on the other side so we will not have to see that stall fest until possibly in a placement match. If I have to watch anymore Will Lewan or Cam Amine I think I will start watching soccer or bowling! 

Man, in order to win a natty your going to have to beat some one. Whine and complain all you want but where was he going to be seeded.

22 and 2
Second in big ten

10 seed?

BadgerOne

Quote from: littleguy301 on March 22, 2024, 11:26:51 PM

Man, in order to win a natty your going to have to beat some one. Whine and complain all you want but where was he going to be seeded.

22 and 2
Second in big ten

10 seed?
Well, realistically Dean was never going to win it all if that meant beating KOT or Carr, but if he got the right draws he could have made finals.  So yes, he got as bad a draw as possible for Dean. Matchups do MATTER or don't you understand.  Sometimes Guy A (Hamiti) beats Guy B (Ramirez) who can beat Guy C someone Dean always loses too. Would you rather face Guy B or Guy C if placing as high as possible matters.  What ticks me off is how easy a draw Caliendo of Iowa got.  If Dean got Ramirez, I would expect he would have beat him again and get into the semis and face Mesenbrink who he was able to score on.  Then he got the worst draw on his first match on the backside, the only guy who had beaten him before that was waiting in the blood rounds.  So bad draw again. So it sucks twice because I wanted Dean to improve on his 6th place finishes the past two years and I hate Iowa.  So there!

littleguy301

Quote from: BadgerOne on March 23, 2024, 01:49:27 AM

22 and 2
Second in big ten

10 seed?
Well, realistically Dean was never going to win it all if that meant beating KOT or Carr, but if he got the right draws he could have made finals.  So yes, he got as bad a draw as possible for Dean. Matchups do MATTER or don't you understand.  Sometimes Guy A (Hamiti) beats Guy B (Ramirez) who can beat Guy C someone Dean always loses too. Would you rather face Guy B or Guy C if placing as high as possible matters.  What ticks me off is how easy a draw Caliendo of Iowa got.  If Dean got Ramirez, I would expect he would have beat him again and get into the semis and face Mesenbrink who he was able to score on.  Then he got the worst draw on his first match on the backside, the only guy who had beaten him before that was waiting in the blood rounds.  So bad draw again. So it sucks twice because I wanted Dean to improve on his 6th place finishes the past two years and I hate Iowa.  So there!

I get about match ups!

Did any hear what Cael said about Carter S draw?

That is the additude I love to hear! I get match ups so well but bottom line if your going to be the best you need to beat the best, do you understand that?

DocWrestling

I do think Sanderson is an elite leader for mental success and toughness and getting wrestlers to believe.  Starocci interviews were amazing
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

Ghetto

While I agree that Penn State does it better than anyone, let's not compare Starocci to just about anyone.

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

BadgerOne

Quote from: littleguy301 on March 23, 2024, 01:49:25 PM

22 and 2
Second in big ten

10 seed?

I get about match ups!

That is the additude I love to hear! I get match ups so well but bottom line if your going to be the best you need to beat the best, do you understand that?

Don't even compare Dean with Carter!  Carter has multiple titles and is the best 174 pounder and was knocked in seeding because of injury defaults.  Carter can beat anyone and has proven it.  Unfortunately, Dean hasn't shown he can beat the elite guys at his weight.  Again, it was a horrible draw for Dean and Dean didn't overcome his bad draw.

Army Ant

Everybody in Carrs path got a raw deal. We all knew he was better than 4th best in the country.

However, Hamiti also lost in consolation so no excuses.

littleguy301

Quote from: BadgerOne on March 23, 2024, 04:43:12 PM

22 and 2
Second in big ten

10 seed?

I get about match ups!

Don't even compare Dean with Carter!  Carter has multiple titles and is the best 174 pounder and was knocked in seeding because of injury defaults.  Carter can beat anyone and has proven it.  Unfortunately, Dean hasn't shown he can beat the elite guys at his weight.  Again, it was a horrible draw for Dean and Dean didn't overcome his bad draw.

Not comparing DJ to Carter just what Cael said.

Just go out and wrestle the matches one by one, do it at the best of your ability and let the chips fall. Gomez got a much worse seed and he seemed to wrestle well.

DJ is a treasure for the Badgers, has to win to get the better seeds, that is the bottom line!

Carr got a bad seed in my mind but he got it done.

BadgerOne

Quote from: littleguy301 on March 24, 2024, 01:58:56 PM

22 and 2
Second in big ten

10 seed?

I get about match ups!

Just go out and wrestle the matches one by one, do it at the best of your ability and let the chips fall. Gomez got a much worse seed and he seemed to wrestle well.

DJ is a treasure for the Badgers, has to win to get the better seeds, that is the bottom line!

Of course, you wrestle who is ever in front of you and try to get it done.  There has never been any argument from me about that.  But you said Dean didn't get a bad draw, and I 100% disagree with that.  People in various different wrestling forums discuss whether someone got a bad or good draw.  I guess you think they are all delusional.

littleguy301

Quote from: BadgerOne on March 24, 2024, 07:03:38 PM

22 and 2
Second in big ten

10 seed?

I get about match ups!

Of course, you wrestle who is ever in front of you and try to get it done.  There has never been any argument from me about that.  But you said Dean didn't get a bad draw, and I 100% disagree with that.  People in various different wrestling forums discuss whether someone got a bad or good draw.  I guess you think they are all delusional.

Like I asked before what should he have been? Simple question, in your eyes what should he have been?

22 and 2
2nd in Big Ten

10 seed would that have been better, what should he have been?

BadgerOne

Quote from: littleguy301 on March 24, 2024, 08:15:30 PM
Quote from: BadgerOne on March 24, 2024, 07:03:38 PM

22 and 2
Second in big ten

10 seed?

I get about match ups!

Like I asked before what should he have been? Simple question, in your eyes what should he have been?

22 and 2
2nd in Big Ten

10 seed would that have been better, what should he have been?
I've never argued against his seeding.  Seeds aren't necessarily based on who is best, but are decided by forumula or criteria established by committee. Nobody thinks Carter Starocci is only 9th best guy at his weight. And I don't think many would say Ramirez is third best.  I continue to say Dean ended up having to go thru Carr, KOT and the winner of the bottom bracket to win it all and that was an incredibly tough road.  And when he lost to Carr, he had to face the one guy waiting in consolations who beat him.  This was a horrible draw.  As I said before, Dean would have likely done better with a worse seeding that put him on the bottom half of the bracket.  He'd have a better chance against Ramirez (who he's never lost to) than Carr (who he's never beaten).  If he made it past Ramirez, he'd get Mesenbrink, who I think he wrestled much closer than KOT.  He'd still have to face a stud in the finals, but at least he had a viable path to the finals if he avoided KOT and Carr.  Instead, his terrible draw and his inability to overcome Carr and Olejnik, caused him to not even AA.  It's still on Dean for not AAing, but the draws didn't help him at all.