Reader to CMU??

Started by wiscowrestlingfan1, March 08, 2024, 01:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crossface21

Was announced by CMU that Borelli is retiring.

wiscowrestlingfan1

Quote from: vsmf2010 on March 08, 2024, 03:02:56 PMI do not see anywhere that Borrelli is retiring. Would be strange for them to be looking for another coach while they still have one.

Just announced Boreli is retiring, doesn't seem strange now...

SP

So if Reader goes to CMU, does he bring anyone with him? Atheletes or coaches?
Anti-Inclusion Mafia

BadgerOne

All signs indicate Reader is going to be the new head coach of CMU, though I'm not expecting an official announcement until after NCAAs.  Good timing as Reader can read the tealeaves and the Bono regime is on shaky grounds and I think he wouldn't want to be around if Bono gets canned and he's out of a job, plus he's probably ready to be head coach.  Congrats Reader on the new job!  If Bono does in fact return next year without Reader it will be interesting to see if Bono hires a new number 2 or elevates Seth and maybe adds Model to staff.

BadgerOne

Quote from: vsmf2010 on March 08, 2024, 03:02:56 PMI do not see anywhere that Borrelli is retiring. Would be strange for them to be looking for another coach while they still have one.
You were saying?

VQOriginal

Borelli is retiring. The school announced it just before seeds were announced. They have not started the interview process. But, Reader has my vote as head coach there. He is a MI born guy.

BadgerOne

Quote from: VQOriginal on March 15, 2024, 06:55:06 AMBorelli is retiring. The school announced it just before seeds were announced. They have not started the interview process. But, Reader has my vote as head coach there. He is a MI born guy.

The interview process is sometimes just a formality that schools are required to go through.  I'd suspect that Reader and CMU have indicated their mutual interest in having Reader be Borelli's successor and a formal announcement will be forthcoming.  There is too much smoke and logic for me to think that this isn't going to happen. 

whatever

[quote author ;D  ;D =BadgerOne link=msg=680454 date=1710471708]
You were saying?
[/quote]

;D  ;D
"....the older I get, the better I was....."

fightfightfight

If there is a change to any coaching staff, I would have Ryan Deakin on my short list.

badgerjohn

Quote from: fightfightfight on March 24, 2024, 07:49:21 PMIf there is a change to any coaching staff, I would have Ryan Deakin on my short list.

Great young man, but just not ready for prime time. At least not in the eyes of UWAD.
"Common sense rarely survives an encounter with lawyers."  DrSnide 12/28/11

Vir Fortis

Quote from: wrastle63 on March 11, 2024, 08:57:18 AMReader to CMU. Love it for Reader and hate it for the Badger program. Seems like Reader is the one that most people like/respect the most.

Also Model seems like an awesome guy and loved watching him compete, but he doesn't have the qualifications to be associate head coach compared to what a successful Big Ten team should have. Look around at what the Big Ten has for associate head coaches.

My opinion is if Reader goes we need a coaching change.

I don't know Model. He seems like a good kid, harder worker. I don't think you need to have a certain level of credentials to become a great coach. He wrestled D1.

That's not an endorsement or advocating for Model. It's just saying he's lack of AA/NC status shouldn't be disqualifying. It's certainly not in any other sport. And I understand ours is different. MOST Great coaches were Wrestlers. We also default to that and I'll bet there are quite a few guys who would have been better coaches but they were passed over.

charteroak1

With all of the discussion of Reader headed east and taking along Gross, your #1 kid transferring, #2 kid(Amos) I think gone, all but 1 win at the NCAA Tournament gone, the future looks a little rough at UW. 

Maybe Jacob and Nate can get Bono on a podcast in the next week to talk about the past season, in the future, RTC, Transfer portal and NIL. 

Can Model coach, sure, can he recruit is a bigger discussion.  Is he relevant enough that some top 100 recruit is going to know him and want to listen.   

WrestlerSB80

dad 2 5

exactly!
Great guy but not going to have connections