Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Boggy

Quote from: Japanese Whizzer on February 15, 2018, 11:04:19 PM
I'm certain I'm missing something, but what could have happened from last ranking to this one for Licht to jump Bosman? Entry error, right?

At regionals, Licht literally had one match and beat a 12-loss freshman from Prairie du Chien, by the score of 6-1. Bosman extended his streak over Bianchi to 5 in a row. Then, Bosman had two matches at team sectionals, where majored Koy Murphy 14-1 and stuck a warm body from Lakeland in 35 seconds. River Valley didn't advance to team sectionals, so Licht hasn't had a match since Saturday.

How could that result in Bosman getting leaped by Licht? It's just a mistake, right?

Was thinking the same thing

leg turk

Who the heck cares?  It will all work itself out on the mat in the next two weekends.

leg turk

Quote from: Japanese Whizzer on February 16, 2018, 07:28:16 AM
Quote from: leg turk on February 16, 2018, 06:45:45 AM
Who the heck cares?  It will all work itself out on the mat in the next two weekends.

Man. I don't care about the ranking itself, but if there's news behind the change (match, injury, etc), news I missed, I would like to know it.

ahhh ok.

neutral

Quote from: leg turk on February 16, 2018, 07:31:17 AM

Man. I don't care about the ranking itself, but if there's news behind the change (match, injury, etc), news I missed, I would like to know it.

ahhh ok.

Definitely worth a mention.  That's what this forum is for.

I don't think Whizzer is calling it a crime - just wondering "out loud".

Chill.
(reporter) ... "Rocky ... do you think you've got brain damage?"
(Rocky) ....... "I don't see any."

leg turk

Quote from: neutral on February 16, 2018, 07:37:11 AM

ahhh ok.

Chill.

I just don't think it matters about rankings, when State is next weekend.

neutral

Quote from: leg turk on February 16, 2018, 08:01:10 AM
Quote from: neutral on February 16, 2018, 07:37:11 AM

ahhh ok.

Chill.

I just don't think it matters about rankings, when State is next weekend.

It doesn't matter ... it's just discussion.
(reporter) ... "Rocky ... do you think you've got brain damage?"
(Rocky) ....... "I don't see any."

DarkKnight

Hmmm.. why did Licht jump Bosman?? I'm not entirely sure, but look at their overall season.

Licht is Bi-State champ at 132, Bosman bi-State champ at 126.

Who has Licht beaten?? Licht just dropped to 126 a two weeks ago. What's Licht's record? Whats Bosman's record? and what did Licht do at individual state last year compared to Bosman??

DarkKnight

Licht lost to Sam Stuhl 8-6 in the state finals at 132 a year ago, So I agree with the ranking committee in saying he deserves a #1 ranking.

I don't think the ranking staff is saying Bosman can't beat him, they're just saying he deserves a top ranking as I also see he has a better overall record than Bosman currently.

DarkKnight

another good question is why Schulist is #2 behind Jon Bailey...... Schulist just placed nationally at a big tournament last fall at 126, while Bailey just jumped ship from 120lbs.

I'm thinking Schulist will have his way with him... but I've been wrong before. I know he's coming off an injury, but I also know he's dedicated and I'm sure he's in top shape and well focused.

bud

Interesting situation with Licht. Just knowing he could hang with Stuhl leads you to think he is legit, especially being a small 132 last year. Its not often a wrestler comes back a year older and a weight class lighter. One can only assume he was forced to bump up in 2017 because of Mr. Hatfield. If he is to become a state champ this year he'll have to beat both Bosman and Bianchi,(most likely) as well as some other tough kids. When Medora cut to 132 the 126 pound class became much tougher.
Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie!