TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

leg turk

Only a handful (if that) of kids around, that would up and move away from their friends and family, to pursue their dream.  I hope it all works out in the end, and brings home some World and Olympic Gold's!  I'm going to miss watching this kid at state, he's fun to watch!  Good luck Alston!

aarons23

Good luck Alston...  Great to have your family support your dream.  I know it was a tough decision.

My question is then is Alston still able to compete at our state greco tournament  and compete as a member of tean Wisconsin at Fargo.  I hope the answer is yes.
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

DarkKnight

Good luck to Nutter. I never heard of star high school wrestler forgoing his last two seasons....must have been a tough decision, and I look forward to seeing him come up with something even bigger than a state title

buc65

Quote from: DarkKnight on July 28, 2016, 11:58:37 AM
Good luck to Nutter. I never heard of star high school wrestler forgoing his last two seasons....must have been a tough decision, and I look forward to seeing him come up with something even bigger than a state title

Aaron Pico decided to forgo his last three seasons high school wrestling.

Barou

Quote from: buc65 on July 28, 2016, 01:58:51 PM
Quote from: DarkKnight on July 28, 2016, 11:58:37 AM

Aaron Pico decided to forgo his last three seasons high school wrestling.

I think Snyder went to the OTC in Colorado for his senior season.
JHI Mafia

npope

So, if I understand correctly, Nutter has a couple of years of HS eligibility remaining, but has chosen to move to Marquette MI so that he can train at the national greco center there? That would suggest that he isn't enrolled at Northern Michigan but rather, just accessing the greco facilities, right? Can we assume that he will enroll at a local HS in Marquette for education purposes? If so, does that make him eligible for the HS folkstyle wrestling season?

What are the issues at play here with regard to him using the greco facilities on the NMU campus while attending a local HS...and his eligibility to compete at the HS level...if he were to choose to do so?
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

littleguy301

good question npope.

Neither synder or pico were able to compete in high school for various reasons. Pico was more a marketing thing and synder well, I think he made the choice to forgo his senior year and do on line classes if I understand what I was told correctly.

So if your enrolled in on line classes then if you want to wrestle, I think that on line school has to be reconized by the state and have a wrestling team to compete on.

I also could have missed the entire point of the pico and synder statements while at the WTT in april. I was some what very entertained by the wrestling ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I wish this young man all the luck in the world. I hope he achieved everything he sets out to do!!!!!!!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet